Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by Wooly, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Crappie fishing with the wife Sunday we decided to move to a different spot. Pulling up the anchor it had a bunch of anacharis plant hanging on it. Not that unusual but this time three was a broken off jig and line hidden in the muck. It laid my ring finger open half around my finger.
    All I can say is don't just rip the crud off your anchor but pull it off expecting there may be danger awaiting a distracted angler.

Wooly

2. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    That has happened to me with my casting net before. A real pain.

3. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    ouch! thanks for the advise

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks for the warning , last summer i hung my cast net and leaned in the water to pull it out glad i didnt jump in i found it wrapped around rebar jutting up ward

5. ps72103

ps72103 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i had a fingernail pulled back when throwing out the ancher

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ouch !!!!! Man, what a rude awakening. Thanks for the heads up buddy. I'll store that one away in the memory bank for future reference. On a brighter note, you had Ella there to mend ya up proper, and knowing you, you had plenty of 12oz. pain medication on hand to get you through the tuff stuff. When was the last time you had a tetinous shot? Take care of that wound so ya dont get an infection. I'll talk at ya later.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have a good first aid kit so you can keep from getting an infection!!