watch out wichita and southeast kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by uttatoo, May 8, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    the creeks and the river are bank to bank here in great bend so be carfull on the river down stream im heading for the dam to catch some fish wish me luck

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the heads up Gus! I have been expecting them.:big_smile: Yesterday when I was at the dam quite a few fish were being caught. I saw a guy with 3 ten pound channels and a guy with a 20 pound flat. I went down this mornin and they have raised the gates and arent lettin as much water out. That sucked, couldnt hardly find any shad.Funny thing is that the river festival starts tomorrow.:smile2:Thats why they had the dam shut back.They might be in for a rude awakening. Once we get the water it will be full force.Also one of the guys down there said that they have been catchin flatties at the Walnut Dam in Winfield.I think I know where I will be this weekend.:wink:

3. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    kyle are you going to go down to winfield tomarrow night?i might go if i dont go down to blackwell and fish the river there.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    well i know that when the bait starts going up river so do the cats and up the creeks i caught alot of cats at the wet walnut here in great bend it isa small creek but when the water goes up the cats come out and play

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Yeah I am hoping. I dont think we have any plans. I will probably try and get some perch tonight/ tomorrow morinin and head down there tomorrow evening. I will probably stay the night and come home Saturday evening. Where exactly is the dam in Blackwell? I bought my OK liscense a couple of weeks ago, I need to use it.:wink:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good luck guys.
    Looks like you have the rivers runing full and the cats are on a feed.

Post some pic when you catch them..

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I hope to try my luck on the Neosho and Spring River next weekend, any reports from that area?