Watch out Paypal users

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dogcat, Apr 13, 2007.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    My mushroom hunting buddy got hit for 1600.00 as Paypal was hacked recently. The hackers were hitting twice a day and the banks said all they could do was open an investigation. He has had to close 2 credit cards and a checking account and reopen new ones. He emailed me today and I checked mine and all my accounts are okay but I wouldn't even recommend logging in to paypal, just check with your financial institutions tied to paypal and possibly put temp. stops on anything paypal related. I am not an alarmist and Andy is savvy enough not to have done something stupid and stated Paypal is actively investigating his case and many other cases. Just a heads up and good fishing!

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm glad i shop local. :big_smile:

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Thanks for that info. That worries me a little. I'll check my account.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a close watch on mine.

5. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Scott;
    "THANK YOU" for the heads up!! I usually check my account every morning when I get up and after I had an attempt on my identity I had extra PRO/PROtection installed on each end as an extra barrier.
    Still, with all those "Gazillions x Gazillions x infinity" of electrons out there traveling through all those wires, satellites, microwave towers, ect, ect, ... ... it never hurts to keep your guard up!
    Again, "THANKS" for sharing. I'll be keeping a closer eye on things for a few days!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the heads up. That is why I don'd do paypal. If you post it a hacker can find it.:big_smile:

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i just went to paypal and tried to remove access from my bank account and am not able to .
    it says i am in the middle of an authorization!
    i haven't used paypal in over a week !
    and last transaction was paid for and completed.
    i dont like not being able to do what i want with my account.
    i contacted them and was told they are haveing some problems with paypal right now and not to worry but try back in a couple days:roll_eyes:
    i hope i have a positive balance in bank in 2 days.