Watch out for the flu season everybody.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Oct 14, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Fellas I been having a cold for about a week and just went back to the hospital earlier today for the 2nd time. There is some serious flu stuff going on now and strong strains. Well upon second visitation I found out I have pneumonia in my right lung and it could have spread to my left lung so I am down and out for a few days. I knew something was wrong when I could not lecture in class 6th period without losing breath and coughing. Take care of those colds this season. I wish I would have got my flu shots. They are definitely in the making for me here on out since I am dealing with kids all days and snuffles and coughing. I never had pneumonia before so this is nothing nice I am now seeing and people have been known to die from this. I hope it goes away quick.

B

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Blue, take care of yourself. I work with minors all day to at times. I been thinking about the flu shot but havn't got it yet. Thanks for the heads up. Stay safe:wink:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    My son came down with it real bad, At first they thought it was the swine flu he was in the hospital and just got released this week

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Yeah , you should keep a close reign on this malady.
    Several people I know have been stricken with pneumonia and it took a toll;they pulled through. I'm sure you will do the same , but my advice would be to keep interpersonal contact to a minimum if not nil. Also utilize what I refer to as Standard Decontamination Protocols. The term may sound callous , but it mainly entails basic cleanliness with strong emphasis on Lysol , ammonia , 91-100% isopropyl alcohol , bleach , and things of that nature. Stay strong!!

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hope you get better soon, I got to get a flu shot too. They seem to be out of them everywhere here in Kansas where I live. Take care.

6. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    Too late it's invaded my house my wife got her shot last week and is sick already:angry: Modern Science Sucks LDJ

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Hopefully she will get better , just reduce interpersonal contact......or read previous post. Good Luck!!

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I just got over the flu myself. I was in bed for four days. I rested, took overthe counter meds,I stayed well hydrated, ate chicken soup and I also took Penicillin.

P.S. Hope ya feel better Brian.

Jaime

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am doing better. Back at work now after taking the last few days off. Still getting over it but the climax of it is gone. Was given antibotics for 5 days to take so that helped a lot. Still get shortness of breath when I talk for long periods so I limit the talking some. CHicken soup helped me out as well. :big_smile: Thanks!.

B

10. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    gladto hear blue,can't go wrong w/ chicken soup,love it
    so when is the otay crackin?
    fell short on my trip,gotta get back up
    stay up
    cat rat:cool2:

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey B I will start way there in November. I thought about this weekend but son's birthday is coming up plus a get together in the IE and following weekend is Holloween and there is a party I was invited to that I need to be a part of. :big_smile: From November thru the begining flathead season is all open game in San Diego for me.

12. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Thanks for the heads up bro...will be xtra careful to sanitize. I will probably get my shot this week. Thanks :cool2:

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    For sure that is extra important even the Dr. pointed that out to me about sanitizing. I need to do that with the door knobs at my door at work especially.

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Man Blue"!
    (pneumonia in the lungs)
    That Deep & I for one hate to hear about things like that :sad2:
    (Being a little under the weather myself with a cold)
    I just wanted you to know that, while I'm praying for myself to get better,
    at the same time I'll be saying a prayer for you and anyone out there that has or gets the bug this year.
    Life is to short fellows.

:wink:

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    my brother Bert ,my wife and I will be saying many prayers for you brother get well, I will be needing help with them crappie in the spring.

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks fellas. The worst of it was last week and is gone. I took Thurs and Fri off plus pretty much stayed in bed over the weekend while I had the computer with me as well. After two trips to the Dr. the second one was the ticket with the antibotics. Feeling much better now even good enough to go out and go fishing again. :big_smile: That was a two week illness. I have some abluterol(spelling) to help if I come down with shortness of breath which sometimes happens when I am lecturing since the illness. Glad It was only one lung and I caught it before it spread to the other lung.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  17. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    u know my #,dont be a stranger
    we can do each other some good
    gettin away and out on the water n all
    hope you feelin better
    cat rat:cool2:

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks Ray" & You know that I'll be there for that Buddy - can't wait. :big_smile: :0a23:
    :wink::cool2:

19. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I was just conversing with one of my students that been out for 3 days and she had pneumonia too in one of her lungs. That was a coincidence I was hoping I did not make her sick. :embarassed: Wow what a season so far for the colds.

20. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico
    like i put in one of the other threads, this flu is no joke. I know two people that died from it last week . . . and each one of them would have been ok if they would have gone to the doctor in time. one of the people (31 year old guy) left behind two yound kids.

bottom line, if you start coming down bad with something, get to the doctor. not only for you, but for those around you.