Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
ok, i need some help on identifyin this snake. Im thinkin its a diamond back water snake and non poisonous, but shoot them anyway cause they try n get to my catfish in my basket, or the perch in my bucket.
these are pretty large snakes. about 3-4 ft long. bout as big around as the circle yer finger n thumb make when you gesture ok. they have a pattern on their back similar to a rattlesnake and a pale white underbelly. what gets me is the head. it is wider than the body, and triangle shaped.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
slimepig said:
ok, i need some help on identifyin this snake. Im thinkin its a diamond back water snake and non poisonous, but shoot them anyway cause they try n get to my catfish in my basket, or the perch in my bucket.
these are pretty large snakes. about 3-4 ft long. bout as big around as the circle yer finger n thumb make when you gesture ok. they have a pattern on their back similar to a rattlesnake and a pale white underbelly. what gets me is the head. it is wider than the body, and triangle shaped.
well from the sounds of it it is a poisonous snake by saying the head is bigger then the body and being a triangle shape

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.