wat catfish bait

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by missouri cat hunter, Apr 25, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey wat kinda catfish bait and rigging system do u guys use i use alota but i almost live by cut chubs wit a steel leader and a drop sinker with a number four blood red hook it takes a while to get a bite but wen u do its worth because i caught some of my biggest fish on that rig and for those of u who dont no wat chubs are their rbasically a giant minnow that u fish four outa creeks like u would a bluegill

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use skip jack, bluegil (live or cut), goldfish that i raise up to 5-6 inches, live crawdads (which i trap usually), or even cut or live catfish. i like the gamakatsu octo circle size 7 or 8, team catfish double action circles sizes 6,7,or 8 blood red, or the good old mustad bait holder safety pin style hooks.

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cutbait from skippjack, shad, carp and other rough fish like suckers (My fav bait), a wad of river worms. Live baits like gills, shad, chubs, suckers, commoncarp and buff fish. The standard river rig is just a slip rig with a banksinker or a noroll sinker thats heavy enough to get it down and keep it set in the current. Usen live Bait its a 3 way or a slip rig. Some of us use slip floats to.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ronald, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Use the rig you are most confident in, add skip jack FRESH or FROZEN fished whole or cut, and FRESH CAUGHT shad fished live, whole or cut and you will catch more fish as well as keep catching size.