wat a day!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by missouri cat hunter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    wat a day!!!!! Got up at 4 and took a shower in scent way soap and washed my clothes in scent away laundry detergent and dried them with the dryer sheets well wen i got to the hunting ground i thought it was going to be to hott for them so i sprayed down and headed out got to my stand at 5:31 and i didnt see anything all morning and at about 8:03 i saw 3 deer all 3 doesadn got out of my stand at 11:30 and then headed back out at again and got to a diff.stand at 5:15 and saw 2 more does who just kept out of range so at about 7:15 i herd something in the creek behind and i turned around and there was a nice doe about 5 yards from and if she didnt step in that creek i would of never known she ws there so i got my bow down and at the same time i pulled back i got her to stop and she was about 2 yards fro me practically under me but it was still at a angle so it was perfect but i rushed my shot to fast and didnt even get my bow all the way bace when i let the arrow fly and i skinned the top f her just enough to skin the hair off her back so theres hair by my stand now and as she ran away i saw deer jerky running away from lol i was disapointed still am but i was shaking from the hydrenolin

2. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    At least you went out. I was stuck working:sad2:. I know what you mean on the shakes, if i ever lose that I would give up hunting. I've had the same thing happen, they just show up out of nowhere. You can plan what your doing if you see them ahead of time but put them right on top of you and it seems you have become scatterbrain in the excitement. At least you have ggod scent there at the stand and if she was standing there for long she may have urinated there as well. Good spot to keep tabs on. Good luck.

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    that is a heck of a day!

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    That does sound like a heck of a day! I went last night, but didn't see anything. Funny thing is tonight I was shooting the bow in the yard and about 300 yards behind me there was five deer feeding in the field lol. They are off limits though until after gun season so they don't have anything to worry about.....yet. :smile2:

5. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    ya in the last 2days ive seen 11 deer today 3spikes came in together and at the same time 2does came up but their goin to hit the rut hard this year 1spike already wanted to fight the other one and was actually smelling and chaseing a doe man its goin o be a good rut