Wasp Spray

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by daystarchis, Sep 27, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life. Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."
    Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    and in today's society, you have just violated his civil rights and will be sued.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not if you put him/her down after "attacking" you:wink:

4. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    If someone breaks in on my family at night. I am going to do my darnedest to see he never gets to do it again. Then whatever the Liberal DA's office does to me, I will at least know my family is safe.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Not after you "rinse them off" with a .45 ACP. :wink::smile2:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    LOL! that is very true!

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I got it spray with the spray test out my 30 30 on them and then put a knife in their hand I was afraid for my life

8. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    I don't know about the laws in your states but here. We have a "Deadly Force " law as well as being a "Right to Carry" state. Meaning we have the right to carry fireamrs and use D.F. If you break in we have the right to shoot/kill even if your unarmed. If we are out in public and a nut job tries to car jack.rob or threatens our life in any way the deadly force law comes into play.

But not everyone has those rights and I say use whatever you can/need to to protect youself. Don't worry about the laws worry about saving your life.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What ever you got to do:wink:

10. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Oh, I got something better

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Robb for sharing..This Wasp Spray is being suggested in many self defence classes today. Seems to work better than mace, and at a longer distance,with more volume.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

That might be,Lawrence,But I think they did that first by breaking and entering.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It cheap too. I carry a can in my truck:wink:

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    :smile2:

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I like #1 buckshot better. They hold 16 pellets that weigh 40 grains each and make a .30 caliber hole. It's hard to miss with them. They also work real well for jump shooting deer!