Washita river

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by KATTERMAN, Sep 23, 2007.

1. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    i have been fishing the lower washita dn by ardmore anyone fish this river here??

2. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I Fish Down There Every Once In A While But Here Lately The Water Has Been Moving To Fast For My 14ft John Boat Since All I Have Is A Trolling Motor. So I Have Not Made The Drive Down There Since Feb. Of This Year. We Usely Put The Boat In Around Davis.

3. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    man i wish i had a boat this river is so hard to fish from bank u never can be where u need to be from bank it is almost dn to normal now should be clearing up in a few days,i will have one next yr

4. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Well The Next Time I Plan On Going We Should Meet Up If You Want. I Found An Old 7.5hp Motor At A Yard Sell That I Picked Up For $25.00 Because He Didn't Know If It Would Run Or Not. I Am Fixin To Take To Pear One And Have Them See If It Can Be Fixed.

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Welcome to the BOC Katterman. I have never fished that far south but sounds like it might be worth a try.

6. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    that would be great i am working dn here and only going to be here a couple more days before i have to go home at elk city,i am going to try to get back dn this way in middle oct to try and see if can catch some,mabye by then i will have a boat but that would be great if we could hook and go,i am always going by myself well my dog red goes with me

7. noodlin Will

noodlin Will New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I did a lot of fishing in that area last year. Have a 12' jon boat put in at highway 53 and headed north some really good territory there best fish about 18lbs I think. Be warned though it is no easy task to run an outboard motor on that river. It is very hard to tell where the channel is and lots of rocks and logs to break the shear pin on your prop. After last year I decided I needed a mud motor to really be effective on this river. I planned to build my own but it hasn't happened yet. One more word of advice I would give you is ALWAYS HEAD UP STREAM! If your used 7.5 horse motor is anything like mine expect to have engine problems and have to float back to the truck good luck.

8. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    THANKS THAT IS GOOD ADVICE ABOUT GOING UPSTREAM HAD'NT EVER THOUGHT OF THAT I CAUGHT MY PB 26LBS NEAR THE NEXT BRIDGE DN
    STREAM FROM WHERE U ARE TALKING ABOUT IT IS NORTH OF DICKSON
    I AM GOING TO COME BACK HOPEFULLY AROUND THE OCT 15TH AND FISH
    FOR A COUPLE DAYS WITH A BOAT IF I CAN FIND A CHEAP ONE,

9. PWillis

PWillis New Member

State:
    Ninnekah, Oklah
    I fish the Little Washita River near Ninnekah and didnt have much luck but that was back when we got all that rain and the river hadnt returned back to its normal level. Caught one that was about 1 lb. and caught a soft shell turtle. Both were on chicken livers.

10. ESipes_89

ESipes_89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hi,

I'm kinda new to catfishin', I live in cordell and was wondering if anyone knew any good spots out this way. I've fished the Washita River all around Washita County (mainly from bridges) and have only caught one 2lb channel. I mainly use liver, stink bait, blue gill, and/or hot dog weiners sprinkeled with garlic powder.

Thanks,
    -Eric