Washington State Channels

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by kdawgg222, Apr 8, 2006.

1. kdawgg222

kdawgg222 New Member

State:
    Washington
    The only state I've ever fished for catfish. And I must say most are channel cats. They don't get too big here. I've been fishing since I was little. My dad got me hooked on cats. I've been trying to research where the best locations are and don't really get a lot of info. Anybody ever fished Wa.? I will be going to the Snake river near the Columbia and Yakima river at the end of August. Hope to catch some big ones with my new pole and reel. Pretty excited. Maybe I'll catch a sturgeon as well. If anybody knows some tips for Wa cats please let me know?

2. wildman36

wildman36 New Member

State:
    oregon
    Im from vancouver washington and catch channels in the snake and lower yakima river.theres a place called felida morage near vancouver it is good for channels in july and august.most channels there are 7-15 lbs so theres alot of big ones.last june a buddy of mine caught a 28 pounder there.

where are you located in washington?

3. wildman36

wildman36 New Member

State:
    oregon
    my favorite bait to use in the snake is nightcrawlers and chicken livers.
    at felida moorage the best baits are fresh cut shad,sucker guts,and fresh cut squawfish. Ive only caught one channel there on chicken liver and night crawlers are good for catching mud cats and squawfish for bait

4. kdawgg222

kdawgg222 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm located in Auburn Wa near Seattle. I've been fishing the Snake river from Fishhook Park in eastern Wa the last 2 years. The first year there were 4 of us and we must have caught 75 catfish alltogether in 5 days in Sept. That was a fun time. Last year we went in July and caught 30 cats in 5 days. Big difference. This year we are going in Sept. to Hood Park. Hopefully the different location and time of year will bring them in the boat. I usually use cut bait. Tried chicken livers but caught nothing on that. We'll see what happens.