Washington salmon report

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by Duzy, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Can anyone give me a salmon report for the south Seattle area? We will be out there on the 9-23 of this month. I always like to take a couple of days to fish. I will be down in Yelm working with a church. We have fished the Nisqually and Puyallup in the past. We have done ok on the Puyallup on the years that the Pinks are running. Never did to will on the Nisqually, but have seen some nice kings there. I would love to get into some good size Kings.

Thanks in advance.

2. Steelie L

Steelie L New Member

State:
    Washington

3. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    Pinks are in the Puyallup as well as some silvers and chinook. Pinks are everywhere, pick any spot and they'll be there. I've been fishing off of Levee Rd on the lower part of the river and been doing well with limits(and then some!)everytime I go. Use pink yarn with a corky and about 10-15lb test leader(30" or so), slinky lead and a 1/0-2/0 hook. Saw a few kings taken, including a 20-25lber pulled from the pink mayhem so they're there- just use some lure other than pink- the 25lber was hooked on green yarn and a green corky. Good luck!

4. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks guys. we are heading up there tomorrow.