Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple of days at Washington County lake. Caught some nice Channels, biggest at 6.1 lbs. Used cut Bluegill for bait. Caught a bunch of small fiddlers and strippers while Bluegill fishing. This was the first time there I did not catch at least one Flathead.

· Floyd
4,927 Posts
I was out there the 9th. got out there around 5 pm and put in at the gravel ramp . Went to the north end and caught a few small channels no flatheads . It got pretty cold so we headed back around 9:30 pm . The water temp was 72 most of the evening then dropped to 68 when the sun went down . We was in a big grey flatbottom . Mostly seen bass fisherman and some fellas crappie fishing near the cabins . Sonar was showing lots of fish they just wasnt biting that great . I found a great spot on sonar while headed back to the dock . Will probably hit it hard this weekend . Almost and should have went tonight .

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I missed you Floyd, I probably watched you go by. That evening I was on the bank in the inlet between the tent and camper campgrounds on camper side. Caught a 3 & 4 lber. that evening. I also gave up about 9:30.

· Floyd
4,927 Posts
Hit it yesterday the 13th. fished damn near the whole lake for 16 hours got home at 5 a.m. Only caught 6 around 2 pounds . Tried cut bluegill and sonnies . Bottom fished it and drift fished it . Was a tough night no flatties only channels .

We had fun so I guess thats all that matters ....lol

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brian, I usually catch the Flatheads in the inlets with brush on the bank and Bluegill in the brush. I use a live B.gill with a bobber. The trick is to keep them from diving into the brush when you set the hook.

· Floyd
4,927 Posts
Brian, I usually catch the Flatheads in the inlets with brush on the bank and Bluegill in the brush. I use a live B.gill with a bobber. The trick is to keep them from diving into the brush when you set the hook.
That is where I usually catch them also . A great spot is the inlet where the long boat dock is (behind the bait shop) about 30 yards north of that inlet is a huge hump in the water you can see on sonar . That spot has produced the most , the biggest and the flatheads more then any other spot on the lake . There is also some timber in the water in this area that holds alot of fish . As far as where I catch my bluegill . I always catch a good bucket load around the boat docks infront of the bait shop . I use a bobber about a foot deep with meal or wax worms .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.