Washington County Lake 8-24,25,&26

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Don Wessling, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

Went camping and catfishing at Washington County Lake after not being there in about 10 years. Never have had a lot of luck there. Fished a couple of hours Friday night, no luck. Saturday, I rented a boat and covered the lake from one end to the other and caught a small large mouth bass. Sunday I fished an inlet next to the campground and hooked what I assume was a flathead, it pulled me into the lake, had to grab a tree root to keep from loosing my 30 year old Penn Peer 209. Fought it for about 10 min. before it straightened a 1/0 hook and got away. I did end up cathing 5lb. 4oz. & 2lb. 7oz. flatheads. Spent 4 days at Duquoin Fairgrounds campground, Labor Day weekend, there is an old strip pit next to the campgrounds. Caught 10 channel cats between 1 1/2 an 3 lbs., spent most of my time enjoying the Duquoin State Fair with my wife, great weekend.
  2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

South Cent
    Sounds like alot of fun was had, how was the fair this year?, we never made it this go round, usually a Great time when it is not 120* in the shade.....:big_smile:

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

Lebanon, I
    Don, sounds like a great weekend. Glad you had a good time!