Washershoes Game

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by KWSMITH, Jul 10, 2006.

1. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Has anyone ever heard of a game called washershoes?
    It is played a lot like horseshoes except it is played with flat washers.
    Pic468.JPG

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yep we played a lot of washers. using buried coffee cans for the posts it was good fun.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yes, I have played it. I am really likeing Cornhole now. That game is fun. (here come the jokes) LMAO

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Cornhole? I ain't gonna touch that one!

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Played several games that were similiar to that one at nascar campouts only they were on the land. Same basic principle of throwing objects into holes and getting points, just a way to pass some time and drink lots of beer in my opinion.

Wheelmobile07

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Played a bunch of washershoes.. Wife's Uncle will make up shoe boxes for family get togethers/festivities/parties/etc and we all have a tourney.. Winner gets the new boxes :big_smile:

Also played some redneck golf... its two balls with a rope tween em. There is a pvc stand with diff rungs on it and the object is to wrap the balls around the rung... Funner than it sounds..

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for sharing.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I got some washer pits in my backyard. I play alot, we score it like horse shoes, my closest beat your closest....and one in the hole is 5pts. The hole is 2 1/2" and the washers are 2" I think. Ill take pictures of my setup tonight. They have tournaments here and draw a pretty big crowd at the bars.

9. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great game and like wheel said good way to pass time and drink beer when the fish aren't bitin'

10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    That game with the balls attached with the rope and you throw the balls and try to get them hung up around a rung IS a WHOLE LOT more FUN than it sounds. Do you happen to know what that game is called?

Wheelmobile07

11. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Ain't nothing better than washers. We play where the middle is 3pts, the outer box is one and if it lands on the edges then you get 1/2 a pt. Games have been decided by that 1/2 pt. If you get three in the middle then you get to make a rule. Like the other team has to chug a beer every ringer or you have to throw w/ opposite hand, you can't put beer down the whole game and if you do your team loses a point or however many you decide. Just any rule you want to make. No cussing. That's a good one. That makes a lot of points being takenm away or a lot of beer being chugged. I forgot the dimensions of the ones I've made but I'll make more and take pics.
    Cornhole is a real fun game too.

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Tim do you have pics or any plans for this game? i wouldn't mind trying it.

13. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    We play that a lot. I payson where our farm is at, they have a town picnic every year August 4-5. They have a washer compatition. It's always great fun. Our points are 3 in the bucket, 1 in the box, and 1 for a leaner on the outside, and 2 for a leaner on the inside.

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've only played it once or twice and they called it "redneck golf"

Did a real quick search on the web

Seems "offical" name is BoloToss:

http://www.bolotoss.com/

Would be mucho cheaper to make your own imho .... Probably could find plans on the net with a little more searching

15. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    That's a whole seperate game. But Bolo is also very fun.

16. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    So is Bolotoss and redneck golf the same game? Thanks for searching for the sites. That looks like it would be fun.

17. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Yes, they are the same.. Guess The guys I played it with just used a diff name :big_smile: ..
    Like the Washer game, heard it called a few different names...

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Its alot of fun we use it for the kids. when they get tired of it the adults take over. It is a hoot and alot easier on old out of shape people like me.

19. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Oh no I debased myself. I am sorry.