Washed ashore here in Kuwait

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by suddawg, Jun 24, 2006.

1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

It made me really sick to my stomach to see such a gorgeuos animal die. They tried to put it back, but it was already gone.

SudDawg

Attached Files:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

nice lokking fish and I commend your's and everyone else's effort to try and get the fish back into the water rep's for you.

3. So thats what your doing on your spare time suds. Catching the big ones eh? Did they call you out to help with that or was it close to base? Too bad you had to see one of those die. It would have been a better day to see it live. At least the Kuwaiti people care about saving life too.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man, you missed your oppertunity to say look at my latest catch. LMAO

That is sad that is washed up brother, probably dead before it washed up?? Either way it is just part of nature.

5. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with Tea. on this one.It is part of nature and fate.If it was meant to live it would have...

6. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    looking at the picture really close it is still very very young its a ashame that it didn't get a chance to live its life. then its like tea stated its natures way of keeping the balance. SHe knows what she is doing and why.

7. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Terrible thing it having to die so young, BZ for trying to save it.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've always wanted to swim with one of those giants. It's a shame it died but that's part of nature. It's strange seeing so many pleasure boats running around with all that is happening over there.

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well this is southern Kuwait, so you would be amazed how nice it is. Just can't drink alcohol :confused2:

Yeah Cade, one of the interpreters I work with ran into the office telling me about it. So we went down there, and the Kuwaiti's had it in the water, but it was already gone.

Yep, "IMSHALLAW" Arabic for God's will

Thanks

SudDawg

10. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am glad to see one of us getting to the the water at least. lol

D

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    FISH....i mean SHARK FRY!:big_smile:

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey Darrell, I'm in the wierdest place you would think to see Air Force personnel. We run an Army camp, that's located inside a Kuwait Navy Base, that is inhabited by 75% U.S. Navy personnel, but the Army Transportation Command has more ships here. :confused2:

I'm assigned to the Army right now, which is obviously different, but they love the fact that the Air Force is running their camp. :smile2:

Shane

13. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "Hey Darrell, I'm in the wierdest place you would think to see Air Force personnel. We run an Army camp, that's located inside a Kuwait Navy Base, that is inhabited by 75% U.S. Navy personnel, but the Army Transportation Command has more ships here. :confused2: "

Well Hey neighbor!
    I was over there in '03, as a contractor, and lived right in the neighborhood, Juli'a, right next to the Kempinski, name of the place was Shali Shehab. (forgive my spellings, it has been a couple years)
    Have you found the neighborhood Pizza Hut yet? They deliver! But alas no pork..

Have someone send you a rod, there are fish to be caught there! but the all rods I found in that country were junk. And how the locals will laugh at you for using a rod! I used to get the strangest looks.
    At night I used to catch some sort of bottom feeding sheepshead with like, shellcrushing teeth (think they ate the snails) on shrimp and a kind of Needlefish in the day time on the local baitfish (get a castnet).
    Kuwait is the place where I discovered when it is too hot to fish! Daytime 135 with 100% humidity is too hot to fish! Should be like that about now. I feel for you. LOL!
    those "in the know" said the fishing on the coast was better in the winter.

We either made our own "hooch" (bread yeast, sugar, fruit juice) or got what they called Seddiki from the Indians, beware of that stuff, I think they make it with formaldehyde. It will make you stupid and get you busted.
    Cheap Scotch and Bourbon are available on the black market but very expensive. Beer is well nie impossible but if you know embassy personal it can be had.