Was it me or did Faith Hill blow up

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Nov 7, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I watched the CMA last night and did anybody else catch Faith Hills reaction to Carrie Underwood reward for female vocalist of the year. Did she made slip up and let her true colors show?

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    On the news this morning, Faith claimed it was a joke... right.... I think she was a little miffed and IMO she had a right to be...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Frisbyterian: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.

3. CHUMBUCKET

CHUMBUCKET New Member

State:
    GA
    I think she was really mad and it was just a morning after P.R. cover up, but even though she is a star she is human i dont have a problem with it.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I don't blame her one bit. As the Little gal that won it.Sure did not deserve it.
    Now not to say that Faith did. But come on Carrie just does not enough stuff out there for that award.
    Have a great day.
    Pete

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yep it was a joke allright,but the joke was on Faith Hill.Seems to me the true colors came out. Don't really see whyshe has any reason to be mad. Personally I feel the best woman won. I haven't cared for F.H. ever since her and McGraw got married.Seems like she has changed her style of singing and not for the best. Didn't see any of the others getting upset, just her.Oh well theres always next year.
    Just my opinion!

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    What does Carrie sing? Never heard of her until I saw this thread. I've seen Faith on Oprah, good set of lungs, but sure no Joplin.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've seen Carrie in concert and she's good & down to earth with her audience. I'd see her again. She's new, she has talent. Dont get me wrong, I've always liked faith hill but Carries recent work is a tad better then Faiths, IMHO.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

I have rewatched Faith Hill's reaction several times and I believe it was that of someone who expected to win the award herself, and would have been the same for anyone.

Now, as for Carrie not having enough out there, or that Faith had a right to be miffed, I don't agree. The award is Female Artist of the YEAR. The three songs put out by Carrie in the past year have been "Jesus take the wheel" (#1 on 3 different charts), "Don't forget to remember me", and "Before he cheats". The three songs by Carrie, IMHO, had appeal to a wider audiance than those of Faith Hill for the past year. Also, if you have listened to Carrie's CD, you will know that she has a sound that is similar to that of Faith Hill in her early years. I believe that Carrie isn't just a one hit wonder, but is here to stay, and will be a Country Music Diva in her own right.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya i saw it.. i honestly dont understand this whole thing though.. why do celebrities get into trouble for things us normal people wouldnt? i know their famous and we like to see them mess up but they are people too... and yes i think carrie deserved it cuz she has come along way since american idol but faith really did not need to blow up.. this whole things confuses me anyway. one thing i did not agree with though is how chesney won artist of the year or whatever, i like brap paisley much better. songs like alcohol, whiskey lullaby, and im gonna miss her are ones i really like and im just not big on chesney anyway..

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Could have been a PR stunt. If it was it worked. What has been on the minds of every one these last couple days?

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You got that right!
    Country music is anything but country anymore. Granted there are a few, very few select songs that could pass as country. But overall, true country music is dying out. :sad2:

12. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    I don't think country is dying out I just think it is envoling to a new group of people. Now don't get me wrong I love George Jones,Cash,Hank(I could go on) There are still alot of good COUNTRY songs coming out ya just have to tune your ears a little bit.

13. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah but the way I look at it the award was for volacast of the year not who put out the most songs but who song the songs the best they put out. Heck I think Martina McBride should win every award shes up for but I didn't she her storm out of her seat.

14. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Missed the awards due to Monday night football, but I will say this.....

If Faith needs a shoulder to cry on, I'm available......

:tounge_out: :tounge_out: :tounge_out:

15. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    :lol: savage308, Thats a BIG 10-4 !!!! :tounge_out: :tounge_out: :lol: :lol: :lol: