was at Lake Calaveras yesterday

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by el-de-saspamco, Feb 14, 2008.

1. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    We got my order of punch bait and my chum was ready to use so off to the lake we went. We rowed out looking for a good place to set up and chum, baited and within a few minutes "boom" had our first 18"er and for the next couple of hours it was on and off but in the end we had 10 cats from 1# to 3#'s. B-I-L wants to know why the cats fight so much when we used the chum, told him 'stuffs pretty good so they don't want to leave the water' lol
    I think he may have believed me too.
    Thanks Cliff, the BOC and Benny Roberts, We had a great time!

Rubes

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    way to go Ruben, glad to hear you had a good time. hey those fish weren't on a blue stringer were they??????:smile2::smile2:

3. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    I was out there monday.It was WINDY.The fishing was a little slow,only ended up with three keepers.The biggest at 6 lbs.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good time fishing, it will be nice to get back out on the water.

5. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Way to go Ruben....that's what it;s all about..before long Kevin will be drving you around on the lake!

6. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad to see someone acknowledge Benny Roberts. Not as well known as Danny King but prepares a great punch bait. Your first fish proved that.:wink:

7. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    I've been looking for some regs on Calaveras about chumming and setting up a trotline. I know that there is regs on trotlining ie; 200 yards from park, zone 2 and certain times of the year. I don't know if you can chum within the park. When we were there the other day we noticed that the park was open a little more towards the back, we had just chummed an area we liked when this guy drives up right in front of us, sets up and starts zinging lures right past us, now I'm not normally a vendictive type person:wink: but I sure wished I'd a had a motor to show his lines some love:angry:. Just as well, we went around a bend and caught all those fish! I just keep wondering if he caught anything on OUR CHUM!

As they say "Tight lines",

Rubes

8. lg3npleasanton

lg3npleasanton New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know how you feel. I really think the problem with people these days is a lack of respect for others. Its like they think they are special or something. Kinda makes you want to teach them how to respect others. At least you caught some fish. As for chumming, I don't think they have any regs on chumming. I've read about guides and others chumming on Calaveras .

9. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Kevin 'Boy' already bugs the stuff out of me already just to go out to the lake 'you know Dad just to practice' and as for in the lake, he and the b-i-l do all the rowing I just take my pvc pole to keep us close to the shore (what a knock off huh? but I am thinking of learning some Italian songs and sing like they do in Italy LOL

Rubes

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    no regs on chumming. but there are on trot lines in the park--be sure to check tpwd or pick up the book @ walmart

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc Lee, I live in Karnes City...