Warsaw trip this weekend!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishin'_Fool, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Thinking about making a trip to Warsaw this weekend to do a little fishing. I was just wondering if you guys can give me some ideas as to where to fish since I'm not real familiar with the area. Would it be best to fish Truman or below the dam? Are most of you guys anchoring or drifting when you're getting on most of your fish? Thanks for any info!!

2. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    You better wear your hunters orange! all hell breaks loose down there this weekend with deer hunting:crazy:

3. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    If I was going to fish this weekend I would drift the lake in 40 to 50 ft of water. The drifting is not as good when they are dumping water but it will be better than the river. The fish have sulled up down there.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Jim. Catch that PB while your out.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Give us a report either way.

6. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Hey Ozman, are they running water, and what exactly do you mean "the fish have sulled up down there"? Can you tell me where the shad are being found? Thanks Hervy!

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

he ment the bite was HOT and lots of nice fish caught .. last wekend all the guys said it was slow ... but thats fishin this weekend they may be onfire again .. never know until ya try

I sent ya a message with info :wink:

8. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Thanks Scotty...much appreciated!!

9. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    They have been running water. The fish quit biting very good. most of the time it is little pecks. Shad has been easy to get in the harbor or in coldsprings.

10. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Didn't do so well on our trip to the Osage. We fished from the 78MM to the 82MM on flats from 2 to 8 feet deep and along channel ledges and also in holes ranging from 35 to 48 feet deep. Only caught two fish, a small blue and a small channel each weighing about a pound. Seen very few fish on the sonar ANYWHERE, so I'm not sure what's up. Maybe we'll get 'em next time.:wink:

11. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    took a trip down there myself after halloween with some friends and got nothing over 4lbs lol. we were bank fishing the dam with whole shad that i had netted.