warsaw the old channel

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by capmadlee, Jan 28, 2010.

1. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    we went down there last sunday and only cought 3 stripers and a ton of gar. didnt know if any one else had been there and tried yet. we were trolling with two 1/4 ounce jeg heads and gulp minows. we were trying to get them walleyes that ive heard are down in the slack water but no luck yet. also cought two blues trolling friday before the wind picked up. ​

2. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    The old channel and the harbor our froze up again.:Mad: It will make bait hard to get.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I have family that live in Clinton. My question to you all is Warsaw apart of LOZ? not trying to sound dumb just not familiar with Mo. waters yet. I have fished the Mo. river at Waverly and that is it.

4. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Warsaw is right where Truman Lake stops and LOZ head waters start. Bring it up on Google map and it will show you. It is nice being in the middle of both of them.

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I havent fished up by the dead channel but i listened to everhearts, Missouri outback radio show and they were talking about some guys who have. They said they were fishing for crappie and didnt have any luck, but caught over 40 GAR! and a bunch of carp and a few whit bass, and a few spoonbill! I bet that was fun of the crappie rods!!! I guess they were spider rigging and kinda trolling around. They said the fish were up in there so thick they could feel there line rubbing aginst the sides of the fish!

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    The gar is stupid thick up there. I've had some of the most fun catching those things on ultralight tackle and freelining a minnow. I've seen and heard of A LOT of big paddlefish being caught up there by crappie and bass fisherman by accident.

7. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is true, heard about a guy up there last year that caught an 85 pound spoonbill on 4 pound test while crappie fishing! Chris

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard about that guy too!!
    LOL

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard the dog went nuts when it was released. Probably sat in the front of the boat and pouted.

10. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    If I remember right, the dog didnt make it on that trip for some reason and was really mad at its owner when he got home and told her about the story lol. Chris

11. v-max

v-max New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah i have been up their and used my stunner a few times and shocked some huge spoonbill up their should be good this year!

12. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    can you get them at a local bait shop because i know you cant buy them at wal-mart. Lmao, i know catfish scotty has this device we all call violating the white bucket, it works real GOOD!!!!

13. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Welcome to the USCA V-Max:handshake:

14. v-max

v-max New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah i bought mine from a ex conservation feller. its the best 300 bucks i ever spent!

15. v-max

v-max New Member

State:
    missouri
    howdy ozman. i just hope the ole hound dog dont catch me using it...lol:secret:

16. v-max

v-max New Member

State:
    missouri
    i know it can fill my white bucket real fast on bad days!

17. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the forum v-max! Lots of good info here, and good friends also. Show you around Friday! Chris

18. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Your idea of filling the bucket and Scotty's idea are two different things, I hope anyway. Scotty has this issue that every time he is out in his boat, he has to drop a "deuce", so the bucket gets his gift of funk. Something wrong about a guy of his stature hovering over a bucket, I was unfortunate enough to witness it last year on accident when he was anchored up next to me. To this day, I am now a changed person forever! Chris

19. v-max

v-max New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah dont want to witness no deuces bein dropped! but maybe we can get together and do some fishin! i will leave the zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz at home.... this time!

20. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

not so much the hound dogs its those pesky dam possums ya need to watch for they may play dead but very sneaky !!! lmao hee hee

Im laughing so hard I spit my chew and mnt dew out on this 1 !!!!!!!!

reminds me of my heart attack 300 CLEAR VRPPPPPPPPPPPP