Warsaw Sunday night

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckalot, Jul 7, 2008.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I made it down last night, Shad we surprising easy to come by. Drake harbor after dark was full of nice shad. I fished from just after dark till around 11:00 pm. and boated one small fish and had very few bites. So I moved to another spot and it was a good move I must say. From 1:30 am. to 3:30 am. I boated Five fish and the smallest was 21 pounds. They were 21,26,30,33 and 40. and I had one up to the back of my boat twice that I know was in the mid Fifties and lets just say I screwed up on that one. Best part was I didn't care. Those fish are hard to land in that current by your self. (I had my six year old with me and he slept through it all) I have never caught that many Quality fish in one night. I did keep the 21 and another around 15 and they were FULL of big yellow eggs. The others I released. I tried the self timer thing on the camera again and got a couple decent photos but thats about impossible too. Awesome night can't wait to go back. Oh one more thing all the bigger fish were caught on Shad heads. Maybe completely different tonight. Sorry I couldn't crunch it down to a smaller post, I don't get to brag very often.
    Good Luck to everyone.

Attached Files:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Sounds like a good night of fishing Rob.

(I had a bunch of other stuff about water temps and the spawn typed up but didn't want to hijack your thread so I'll start a new one...)

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Nice fish Rob! I hope they're biting for me like that in about two weeks...

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Congrats Rob, that's just awesome! I bet fishing is going to be unbelievable down there over the next 3-4 weeks.

5. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Come on in Mr.T. I was surprised to see all the eggs in the Two fish I brought home. All the fish I caught looked nice none were skinned up.

6. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Great job Rob. Now where did ya say that second spot was. :big_smile::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Rob! It's amazing what happens when they crank up the water and open the spillway gates.

Now you gave me the dam fever again..... :eek:oooh:

8. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    It was just below the First spot. LMAO
    :smile2:

9. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    LOL Spoken like a true fishermen. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    man sounds like yuo had an awesome night. definantly makes ready to head back down there again

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    :smile2::smile2:
    Im analyzing the photos for land marks now Josh. :smile2::smile2:

12. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Side Note, Fish were transported to another location for photo opts. LOL

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Great fish Rob. Thanks for sharing the photos. I hope they are hitting like that on the 19th. Congrats on a great night of fishing.

Tom

14. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was thinking about doing some fishing tomorrow night. Thanks to you I've made my mind up.

I think I recognize that tree in the back ground. Hope I can bet you to it. :wink:

15. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Second thought...I may go tonight if the wife will allow.:wink:

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nice fish, man! Sounds like a great night. Hard to believe what kids can sleep through, ain't it?:big_smile:

17. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Good deal rob there are still big ones down there.:wink:

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a heck of a nite. Congrats

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    :smile2: Thats not fair Rob.......:misdoubt:

20. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well the wife allowed me to go last night. Looks like Rob did move the fish to a different location for the photo.:eek:oooh: The fish just weren't there. We fished from 11:00 p.m. to about 4:30 a.m. We only caught 3 fish. Very few bites. I did change locations numerous times looking for Rob's other spot. Must not have found it. I may try again tonight.:wink: