Warsaw Report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by opposum, Apr 2, 2009.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went fishing today and finding the shad was tough. So was the catfishing. Several small fish bites. Believe it or not I caught 4 white bass and hybrids while fishing with cut shad. Biggest was about 5 pounds. Last time out I did the same thing. I only boated about 5 catfish. Nothing big enough to eat. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. I would guess the front coming through had a little to do with it being so slow.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for the report David. Where were you finding shad? The wife and I are going down tomorrow and staying until sunday. Hope it gets better. But if it dont oh well. At least I will be doing I enjoy.

Tom

3. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone been doing any crappie fishing? We will be down tomorrow - Sunday or Monday. I'm going prepared for anything. I have crappie, snagging and catfish stuff in the boat.

4. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    David,

We were down last weekend and caught quite a few crappie, walleye and white in the spillway Warsaw side 60-100 yds down from the "pier".

We did manage to salvage a BAD snagging weekend....

Hope this helps

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Think you got enough room for all that stuff in the boat. :wink:

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I did talk to a buddy of mine who didn't start fishing until I was off the water. He fished a little farther down stream and did pretty good. Crazy how an hour or two can make such a difference.

It took me about an hour and a half to get enough bait (only 16). I tried in the back of the coves and in the middle. I even threw at Drake Harbor. I bet I threw at least 3 times for each shad I caught.

I was below the dam the other day and saw four accidental spoonbill caught. I'd say the spoonbill have made it to Warsaw. Snagging could be good this weekend. I also saw several whites and hybrids caught below the dam. Getting better every day. Good luck if you go.