Warsaw report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fridaybocopw, Feb 16, 2009.

1. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Heading to warsaw this sunday, anybody been doing any good on the lake or the river??? If so what you been using and finding them??

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Weekend fishing might be tough if they dont run water, and that has been the situation lately, no water on weekends but some during the week. Are you bank or boat fishing? I'd look for shad in Drake Harbor, usually a safe bet that they are there if not then maybe look in the deeper water, hard to say where they will be. The bite has been slow but should pick up if they keep the water running. Chris

3. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We'll bo out on a boat, think it'd better to be in the lake or in the river?

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I sure hope we get some rain in early March for when I head that way.

5. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some rain and a little warmer would be nice. Warmer weather would be nice period whether i'm fishin or not :cool2:

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    Dad went below the dam to see if the crappie where biting he caught a couple keepers and some tiny ones /
    then he drove below the and seen a couple of his buddies bank fishing off the rocks they had 8 fish blue cats mostly eater size but they where biting preety good they said .

also a guy said we was catching some crappie and cats at the sterret creek marina cove .

shad pretty easy to get in the coves and off the docks .

gl friday :wink:

7. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I see there back to Generating through the day during the week. Thanks for sharing any and all the info you get from your Dad Scotty. I am ready to get down there!! Speaking of the Locals, Where has Troy been? We haven't heard from him in a while have we?

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    He spend his time on the gathering page.

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope they don't think I'm being unsociable on the Mo gathering page. I plain on being there but lost track of what was going on around post number 900 and something. :eek:oooh:

10. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I want to know are there any family friendly campgrounds in Missouri that might be fun to visit this late Spring.

11. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Most all of the public campgrounds are well kept and family friendly. I've camped at Long Shoal and really liked it, and have friends that camp at Truman State Park as well and say it is nice. I think its like $12 a day or thats what it used to be for a basic site which is how I camp, no need for all that other crap. Chris

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    If you want some good campgrounds close to KC you can't beat Truman. Big Lake is good too, it has a swimming pool but the lake needs help. Smithville is ok but Clay county has allot to learn about running a park.

13. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We do a ton of camping during the summer, gone almost every weekend. I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience at any of the state parks, or corps of engineers park. The only place i don't like is the camp ground at mark twain- indian creek. Great park nice people, close to the lake and marina, deer to watch throughout the day, but during the summer man there are some HUGE spiders in the bathroom and shower house, and there is a ton of them in there. All over the walls and under the toilet seat just every where and I hate spiders.

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well my friends the shad kill we had is surely flushed down the river and the catfish are biting good again !!!

1 of my friends that fishes barry bend area caught some good cats today 2lbs - 43 lbs on rod and reel and jugs he thought around 25 fish total he said he caught them in all depths of water from 8 ft to 40 ft.

ALSO dad seen cody below the dam fishin off the rocks in the current and he had a 20 and a few 3 to 8 lbers , a few more guys where fishing also and dad said they all had fish on their stringers ,

they have been doing really good below the dam this week day and night

dad talked to 1 guy that said he caught like 13 or so from 18 to 37 lbs from 10 pm to close to morning a few nights ago .

just sharing the info , gl guys and gals :wink:

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well yes and no

the reason for yes is they been catching them consitantly last few days

the reason i say no is because of this cold front we are getting tonight thats the only thing i would see shutting the bite off .

but heck jim i would try it if i was you only gas money you would be out .

take a couple of your new rods i bet ya might be able to sell a few down at the dam :wink: and theres your gas money :wink:

gl jim let us know how you do !!!!

16. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    also jim take a couple crappie rods they been hiting some and walleye have been caught this time of year on jigs .

17. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    darn it i ment John sorry about that i had jim on the brain fo some dang reason .

18. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John Ill be down there sunday below the damn, white baycharger with red lettering. If ya see us give us a shout.

19. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I guess your name is john lol if not I blame scotty

20. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ok look for big goofy guy on bank, got it lol