Warsaw report Sunday 05-11-2008

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, May 12, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Took my girlfriend out Sunday evening below the dam. Shad were very hard to find, lots of small ones in Drake Harbor which is what I ended up using. We caught several blues, kept 6, biggest was 18 pounds, caught in about 40 feet of water right as the sun was going down. Fish are biting good! I went out white bass/crappie fishing in the old channel Friday afternoon/night, limited out on white bass and ended up with 5 keeper crappie, fishing under lights. Met Spoonfish finally, saw a TON of catfish boats out there which made me want to go cattin but was already committed to whites and crappie. On the way back to Drake Harbor it was an awesome site to see several catfish boats anchored in line across the lake on the flats with navigation lights all lit up, all facing upstream, should have taken a picture but I was in a hurry. Looks like I need to get a bigger boat! Good luck out there everyone! Chris

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It was good to meet you also Chris. Looks like were just getting into some prime fishing. In your case you allready have though with that hawg blue. :big_smile: Come on by the gathering Fri. or Sat. if you can.
    We will be filling the channel with cat-boats again this week end.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Pfffft, ya ain't seen my tub yet Troy. Water patrol prolly condemm it on site.:confused2:

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm going to try and buy a nice boat next year, race car took all my funds this year and still need a new roll cage ($3,500) to meet the safety requirements, sucks and never seems to end. Making 2000hp isn't cheap but it is fun. Thinking about one of those 20 foot aluminum Triton or Crestliner jon style boats with a 115 or so. My little 14 foot/25hp is just not fun when I decide to take off on long runs but still works! Steve Brown talked about buying it if I decide to upgrade. Troy, might make it by the gathering, if not I'll see about finding everyone out on the water. Chris

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have already proved you don't need a big boat to catch big fish. But I know what you mean about long runs in a small boat. I went from a 16 footer to an 18 and I currently have a 20ft. seaark and would love to have a new pro cat 240 but thats not going to happen for a while. Good Luck fishing, I won't make it back down for a couple weeks. Its gonna be a killer.