Warsaw report 4-1 and 4-2

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went down fishing Wednesday night, didnt get on the lake till after dark, found all the shad I wanted in Drake Harbor then headed way downstream. Finally found what I was looking for on the sonar and tossed out the anchor. About 10 minutes after I get all 4 poles out I hear this odd kind of zipping sound coming from the back of the boat, I was up front getting my cooler and other stuff situated, not paying attention to the poles. Well, Angel the dog is all going crazy at the back of the boat and then I see that one of my rods is DOWN FOR THE COUNT and smoking drag bigtime. Finally get the fish in and it went 47 pounds, best for the year so that is COOL. I was by myself and didnt want to leave for pics so I just took them with Angel standing near it on the bow of the boat. It was released. Caught several in the 2-20 pound range but the bite was hit and miss. Caught another about 3am and it went 44 pounds. I put it in the livewell and decided to call it a night. Got back to Drake Harbor and had a fellow Deputy that was on duty come over and take a few pics before I let it go. Scotty and I fished Thursday night and had alot of fun to say the least. I think the funniest moment was when my rod went down with a good fish. Scotty and I were both debating on how big it was, it was pulling pretty good in the current. Well, having a few beers in me I just handed the rod to Scotty, "so, you think its over 20?" We were both laughing too hard to be serious but finally got it to the boat and almost never got it netted due to various problems that happened, all funny including the fish getting the line tangled in the net before going into it. We both guessed it about 20 pounds, then sent it on its way. It was cold and rainy but the fish were biting. I'm at work now and will try and post a couple pictures tomorrow. Good luck out there! Chris

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Chris. Seems like you and Scotty are really on them blues down there. I need to hurry up and get my butt down there. :smile2:

3. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    This is just my opinion, I'm no better at fishing than anyone else. No matter what, to catch fish you gotta get out there and be willing to change tactics, if they're not biting in one place such as a shallow flat, then move to a deep water ledge, if not there then look for something unique on the bottom that may hold fish. Keep moving and trying new things until you find what they are doing. Even if you get out there and have a slow day, its worth it just to get away for awhile. Gotta use fresh bait, gotta use decent equipment, gotta have a fishing dog:wink:, and a good sonar unit is worth its weight in gold. Mine has really helped me out, never had anything on my old boat but a cheapie Humminbird 200DX that just showed fish symbols and the bottom. Mine is not top of the line by any means, got it on sale for $500 and will NEVER reget spending the money. If I only knew how valuable it is you can bet there would have been one on my old boat. Chris

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    it was a fun night for sure lmao :smile2::smile2: we spent more time just lokking at the rods bounce and would grunt dam i got to get up ,,, and say you get NO you get it lol we laughed all night long while catching fish in 32 degree cold misty rain .. i wear glasses at night and they where so smeared i couldnt see chit compared to chris :smile2: he was like see that dock way over there ?? i was like nope all i see is dark bluff dude any chicks on it chris ??? :smile2::smile2: lmao
    I can honestly say i have never seen such a smart gentle dog as angel it is ammazzing them 2 can talk to each other and she understands what he is saying . when we threw the fish back after catching 1 she would give me 1 hell of a discusted stare down then hop back up in the seat and curl up ,, shes 1 cute dog !!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cograts Chris sounds like you and Scotty had a blast, I should have came down. With my last minute plans to go to Tennessee next week i figured i better stay home and save my money. I am going to run out of Waverly in the am. and see what happening. Maybe we can go getem after Easter weekend! Thanks for the report!!
    Rob'

6. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rob, good luck in the morning! I am taking my 3 year old farm pond fishing early and then hitting the river for the rest of the day!

7. Blake Waterworth

State:
    Missouri
    Also, congrats on the nice catch Chris and Scotty!!!!:wink:

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri

Good Luck Blake, I didn't catch the weather tonight. Last I heard big winds coming in by mid day and snow on Sunday:sad2:

9. Blake Waterworth

State:
    Missouri
    This Missouri weather is really starting to suck!!:confused2:

10. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Great report Chris and Scotty, lots of fun reading about your adventures!:smile2:

11. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Yea Scotty, I forgot about Angel stealing my seat. She was all content laying on the floor on her sleeping bag. Well, later in the night it got cold and sure enough, my rod went down for the count, Angel was all up in my business as usual, happy about the fish and then all mad when I let it go. Well, I was baiting up and no action, then I go to sit down and I see that Angel stole my captains chair, so being the nice guy that I am, let her keep the chair and I sat on the cooler. Guess I need to put one of my captains chairs on my boat so she can be cozy, oh well. Man, if I could only have it as good as my dog. Chris

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I wish I could bean thar.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a great trip fellows. I'll be there in May at the gathering and hopefully sooner. Hopefully i can con Scotty out of a trip this spring or summer. I'ld give anything to find a job in Warsaw area. I love the place.

14. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i think the main reason most of us that fish there dont live there is because of no work. after this weekend tho i thought about starting a business teaching people how to load boats and boat ramp courtasy:smile2:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bad thing is Adam, most of these folks ya wantin to teach think they know it all anyway.:smile2:

16. ljensen

ljensen New Member

State:
    mo
    Peole don't take the time to just enjoy being out at the lake. You can realy meet some fine people if a person just took the time to help. And yes their are a few that just know to much to learn a thing.