Warsaw report 2-5-2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Catfishscotty and I went to Warsaw Wednesday night and fished all day Thursday. They were running water when we got there Wednesday night but just after we got anchored up they shut it down. Had a couple small hits but no fish so we headed out so we could rest up for a full day on Thursday. Scotty went to Montrose and got bait which was super nice of him while I slept in since I work nights and mornings are almost impossible for me to do. Got to the ramp at the City Park about 8:30 and headed out. Had to break alot if ice but it wasnt that thick but not fun in a new boat. We fished hard, every hole or hotspot that is there from downstream of the Oar House to Steve Browns cove. First fish was one I got, a 7 pound blue, then Scotty followed up right after with a 10 pounder. Those were caught downstream of the Oar House and were the only fish of the day. We never found bait on the Ozarks. My friend ccso639 also fished with us and only caught one small blue. No water running all day but did have a blast, Scotty is fun to fish with and even brought a bunch of food! New boat did awesome and only burned 1/4 tank of gas which is gonna be great this year. Fishing should get better as the water warms up, average temp was 35 degrees. Might get back down there Monday and Tuesday, we'll see. Chris

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the report Chris. Do you still take your dog with ya? I remember seeing you two last year the few times I got to fish at warsaw.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, still have the dog Angel. Scotty was getting a kick out of her yesterday, she likes to collect rocks if we're fishing and there's not much action, hard to explain but she will dig up big rocks on the bank and then put them in the boat to take home. Well, yesterday she found a huge piece of ice floating and carried it up on the bank I guess thinking it was a cool rock. Well, it kept breaking up and melting before she could get it to the boat. She likes fishing too, if its a keeper she will lick it to let you know. If its a small fish she will just look at it like "big deal". She's been fishing since she was 5 weeks old, if she could talk she could teach my friends alot about fishing. Chris

4. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, that's awesome. I wish I could have gotten my dog out on the boat before he got so big. He's about 70 lbs now and still not full grown, so I'm not sure he'll ever be a boat dog...lol. I'm sure your never short on fishing buddies but if you ever have a seat open I'd love to go sometime.

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the report Chris, Looks like I will be staying closer to home this weekend. I am running out of Waverly Sat. am.,hope to have a good report on Sunday. Looks like 15 mph south/west winds again for Sat.
    Good Luck to everyone,
    Rob'

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I had a blast with ya chris and had a great time !!!!

angel is a sweet heart of a dog gentle as can be !!!! she entertained us all day long , thats 1 crazzy loven fish dog !!!!!:wink::smile2::smile2:

It was nice to go in somebody elses boat for a change and you taking me out !!!!!!!!! and the boat was awsome and rode like a dream and handled very well . with amazzing gas milage :wink:!!!!!!!!

thanks again chris we have to do that again !!!!!!

scotty

7. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    my dad and i goofed off today because it was so windy and river still was icy this morning , around 2 in the after noon we went to see if we could find any shad for tomorrows fishin , most of the coves had half way thawed out and we found bait in about 10 to 12 foot of water in a cove they where thick , 2 throws had 40 or more we kept around 25 to fish with , water temps this afternoon was 36 degrees in the main channel around warsaw .

gl

scotty

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for the report Chris. Glad you and Scotty had a good time. I wont be able to make it to warsaw next weekend. My son Adam is buying a house and I have to do some things with him. One day I would like to meet you Scotty. You sound like a fun person to be around. Good luck this next week Chris And Scotty.

Tom

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

I took a friend of my dads yesterday his name is ozz we went down river and marked some fish on a bluff in 30 foot of water and set up on them , we only caught 7 or 8 fish but did have a couple 12 lbers and rest was 3 to 10 lbs , windy windy out there lol .

water temp was 38

gl guys scotty

10. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    scotty seems lke you consistantly catch :wink: fish, I,d like to get down there and fish with you some time:eek:oooh:

11. MOVINON

MOVINON New Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    Has anyone tried above the dam recently?