Warsaw report 2-10-2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, just got home from a real bad day on the water. Put in at Drake Harbor, found shad up near the Police Dept around the docks. Took off downstream and fished just upstream of the Oar House on a bend, caught 1 blue about 10 pounds. Had a few other hits but no hard pulldowns. No water running, average temp was 41 degrees, 47 in the backs of the coves. Fish were still stacked up but not actively feeding for some reason. Decided to head back home and the new boat crapped out bigtime! Since I've had it I've noticed a gas smell and also noticed that there's always water (i thought it was) in the floor so I just hit the bilge pump and pumped it out but there should be no water in the floor. Well, today I went to the back of the boat and stuck my hand in the bilge water, and it is gas not water. Motor kept sounding the alarm and then cutting out and eventually would just die. I'm thinking it has a fuel leak in one of the fuel lines or maybe even the tank but I'm more set on it being a fuel line since it will still run until it starves out. The day I picked it up at the dealer I noticed the gas smell and the service tech guy said it was normal and that he had just gassed it up before firing it for the first time. Well, that sounded reasonable but ever since then I've really noticed the gas smell, Scotty also mentioned it the other day. Gonna drop it off Friday. Chris

2. WhiteCats

WhiteCats New Member

State:
    Oak Grove, MO
    From my experience, that sounds like the typical service guy, make an excuse instead of investigating the problem. What happened to the saying "the customer is always right?" But that is just normal business for Midwest Marine. :cool2:

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, I'm pretty fired up about the whole thing since I brought it up and he passed it off as normal. If it damaged the motor I can see them blaming that on me too to get out of any responsibility. We'll see, thats all I can say until they tell me what is actually wrong. Maybe I'll just twist off and go mental, seems like my blown alcohol 572 would push it pretty good :wink:! Chris

4. WhiteCats

WhiteCats New Member

State:
    Oak Grove, MO
    Now that I would pay money to watch you do not be in the boat when you do it!! They say I need a metal evaluation!?! :cool2:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad you got to spend the day on the water Chris, sorry it wasn't as good as the weather. They have turned the water off completely lately.
    Hope they get your boat taken care of .

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    hope all turns out well for ya brother !!!

Im sure it will I wouldnt panic yet they will find the problem and fix it and you be back on the water kicking back and catching fish :wink::wink:

Just the joys of new stuff gotta get the bugs worked out ....

best wishes chris !!!!!!!!!!!

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    boy that stinks chris , a person pays that kind of money ,you want some thing that runs good with no problems ( Its new ) I think your a better man than me ,i would of lost my cool and went off on them ,you might have had to show up and put the cuffs on me ,just hope everything works out .

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sorry to here you day on the water wasnt that good. Dont go postal until they prove that they wont take care of you. Most places will take care of you on new products. Good luck brother.

Tom

9. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Well a bad day on the water kicks the tar outta a good day at work:eek:oooh:. It sucks that they didnt jump on your boat issue. When i was in the automotive industry i NEEDED to take care of the customer, after all the customer is the one that makes the payroll possible. If i was you a would raise a bit of a stink. You bought a boat from them and they thank you by blowin ya off! that aint right. Just my two cents