Warsaw report 2-1-2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, went to Warsaw on Thursday with the new boat to see how well it did. First stop was at Steve Brown's for a few modifications and purchases. I owe Steve a huge thanks for his advice and help installing rod holders. I was paranoid about drilling a bunch of holes so he came up with a new plan that worked out perfect so THANKS STEVE! Just did some boat riding on Thursday and that went great. Saturday went out and did some fishing but only had one bite and that was a dink. Fished again today with the same results. Marked fish everywhere on the graph and they were stacked up bigtime but apparently not hungry, oh well. No water running Saturday or today. I met Chris aka catman1979 at Steve's today, great guy! Scotty and I may end up down there Wednesday and Thursday so maybe we will have better luck then. Here's a couple pics of Mr. Catfishsafari in action! Chris

Attached Files:

2. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Chris, Wish your first time out in the new boat would have been better fishing, but doesn't sound like anybody had much luck over the weekend. Congrats on getting the rod holders mounted, looks like it should work just fine. You must have been working Steve pretty hard, He was stripped down to a Tee shirt, looks like some snow or Ice left on the ground! Keep us posted if you guys go back down. Cold weather on the way, but a Big warm up on Thursday. I may try it on Friday or Saturday.

3. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Nah, I wasnt working Steve at all, he just likes to keep me intimidated by showing off those big guns. But, later in the day when I was out on the lake and cold, I pulled up next to Steve and he stepped out of his nice heated enclosure still wearing his t-shirt, must be nice. Chris

4. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Those pics cant be right. Steve is actually doing some real work. It cant be. LOL Congratulations on your new set up Chris. I know your gonna love it. You and Scotty will get it slimed up real good this week Im sure. Good luck.

5. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Saw you on the water Sat. she looks good on the water Chris. We had the same luck, sure was a nice day though.

6. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Wow, that thing looks awesome.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Dang Wanda ya keep it up and Joan and I are movin in with you. Course we won't be payin rent as she will have to quit her job. LOL I guess I could leave her up here workin!!

8. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like they shut the water off just for the weekend fisherman. :confused2:
    [​IMG]

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

ya Rob they dont make it easy for the wekend warriors or the tourny guys seems every spring when fishin is good when they run water friday night they shut it off until monday morning . the fish can still be caught but not as good and easy thats for sure ..

then if we dont have a flood its even worse with off then 4 units for 3 hours then off again wait a couple hours and 3 units going then 2 hours off again . that really sucks !!!!!!! its like some body calls them hey the fish are biting lets screw it up :confused2::confused2: . lol

its all about knowing the river and tatics on when and where to move with the fish ,,, or head up to truman to find the kittys :wink:

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Chris it is always a blast the first time you get on the water with you new toy. To bad you didnt get into anyfish. But you know all you wanted to do was run and get some hours on that new motor anyway. Cant wait to get in that thing.
    Tom

11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Chris, that's a nice looking boat you got! I am sure you catch some nice cats with that set-up! Thanks for the pictures

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Good deal chris ,guess you got it broke in.

13. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Got about 5 hours so far, 5 more to go. Chris

14. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
  15. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Jeff, I have the Truman Daily Bookmarked, Only problem with that is, they only update once daily at best and when they are generating off and on as erratic as they have been around the clock, its not really very accurate. Still a good site though!!! I watch the real time graph, then you can get an Ideal of what to expect when you get there. (Sometimes)

:smile2: LOL Thanks for the link info.

16. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I also mainly use the USGS real time graph, it seems to be the most accurate way to tell whats going on. Chris