Warsaw report, 11-6 and 11-7

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fished Friday and Saturday below the dam and fishing was REALLY slow but still had a good time. Ran into Morris on Friday and Saturday, and also found Medford and Rob Kerr up at the buoys fishing last night. I almost crashed my boat as I was heading upstream, looked over to the left side of the channel as I was heading up to the buoys and was blinded by the red lights in Medfords boat. With those two sitting up there in lawn chairs, looked like a rock band on stage! Looks pretty cool from a distance! I only caught 2 on Friday, a small flat and blue. Caught 2 on Saturday, one blue about 10 pounds and a smaller one, about 5 or so. Fished all the way to Cole Camp Creek and finished at the buoys. Plenty of water running and bait is easy, just need the cats to cooperate. Good luck everyone! Chris

2. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Thanks, they probably wont bite till the weather is miserable!!!!:wink:

3. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Yep I caught 6 friday night in real shallow water, then sat night i only had three fish, moved up to the bouys late and saw chris and medford leave right as I pulled up! Sorry fellas you should have stayed ten minutes longer!!! I ended up catching 14 fish in two hours. Two around 15-20lbs and 6 around 5-7, with the rest being 3lbs or smaller. It was weired though my buddy that was fishing up there with you guys all night didn't catch any during those 2 hours and i anchored up maybe 25 yards from him so we could shoot the crap. Sent herb a pic on my phone but didn't have my camera to up load any pix. Needless to say im just glad to get a few fish in he freezer for our friends that made the long drive.

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

see boy i told ya to violate that white buck after they left would work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::wink:
    way to go guys wish i could have been down with yas !!!!!!!

my arm is better so im ready to wackem and stackem again !!!!!!!!!

the knife is sharp and the omish are hungry for more fish !!!!!!!!!!

deer season will fill up all my freezes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad2::sad2::roll_eyes:

but the can goods from the omish will last all winter !!!!!:wink::wink:

5. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    I bet the reason the fish havent been biteing so hot is because they all have had a hook or two already stuck in them by Scotty and they havent forgot about it yet! I am just wondering how many lbs of fish the old GREEN TRUMAN SEA SHARK (JENNY) has hauled in this year.:confused2: I know I have been in it for a few thousand lbs, and i remember reading bunchs of post this year that have said 600-1000 lb nights. Man and there were few months you couldn't even fish because you were building on the house!!! Ithink you need to be banned from fishing for a year that away the fish have time to reset there memory and start biteing again! Most people blame it on the messed up weather. I blame it on scotty and Herb! :smile2: Darn old timers!!!

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

well dad wrote down our catches like he does every year on his calendar
    last time i was down we went threw it and was just shy of 28 ,000 lbs boated so far this year between me and him going .

the winter pattern will start soon and the fishing will be easy once ya find them so if all goes as planned i feel we will be over 30,000 lbs total for another year ..

this year was as good for us as it was back in the early 80s and 90s

when they first opend the dam we just fished off the bank mostly against the dam and hauled out tons of catfish , well i should say dad did i was just a youngen then and mostly had fun catching bait for him .

but in 1986 i was old enough to yankem and crankem myself and ya could pile up big catfish in no time ..

1993 and 1995 was another catfish slaughter years below the dam we fished only out of the boat them years and caught 300 to 800 lbs allmost every time we went out . we bottom bounced in the current below the boyous until the bottom of the boat was full . fishing was unreal those years kinda like the last 3 flood years have been .

surprised i kept a job those 2 years in 1993 and 1995 :smile2::smile2: i was sick alot with the catfish slime flu lol
    infact i took vacation in june and took my 2 nephews with me and they bite was so good we rigged up our poles with 2 hooks about 2 feet apart and bottom bounced in the current and caught 2 fish at once many many times , lost alot of fish to break offs tho lol . that week along was over 4500 lbs caught between the 3 of us ..

i sure hope hope truman floods again next year woooo hooooooo !!!!!!!!! fun fun !!!!!!

I dont keep as many fish as I use to tho im tired of cleaning fish would rather catchem :wink::big_smile::big_smile:

good luck guys and gals

and come on spring rains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

until then get your coats on and fish them kitties stacked up !!!!!!!!!!

7. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the report guys. I was wanting to be there Saturday also.
    Thought about heading that way late Sat. evening but went to a card party instead. Hot wings, Poker and Cold Beer!!!! Not as Fun as catching a big Blue but still a good time. :smile2:
    Great weather and steady generation through the Dam, I was expecting to hear some good reports. I guess they don't feed all the time.

Tight Lines,
    Rob

8. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

:smile2: seems it takes 30 degrees and rain to trigger them to bite dosnt it ..

hey rob i tried to call ya i may have found a person to sew the clear plastic for our enclosers she does the snaps also :big_smile::big_smile: and velcrow wooo hooooo !!!!!!!!!!

shes gonna meet dad soon at the house and look at what we want done when i find out for sure i will let ya know !!!

have a good 1 rob !!!!!!!!!!

pssst save me some wings and beer will ya :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Scotty you need to find away to mark the fish that you turn back! It would be cool to see if you could catch them twice, add a new challenge to your game! It was cool last time we went out and caught that 20lber that was missing part of his top lip and it had grew back all funny! Wish I would have took a pic!

10. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    to tell ya the truth this spring i was fishing with ozman ( herb ) and his buddy steve was in his boat about 75 yards from us ,, well he broke a fish off on the way in

20 mins later we catch a fish with a 7 /0 kahle hook down its throat with red cajun line and a red cork above the hook about 6 inches ,

turned out it was the fish his buddy broke off because he said thats the way he had his lines rigged up ,

lol allready a hook in its mouth and it still bite our bait and got hooked again 20 mins later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about greedy hu lol

maybe it was somthing to do with the so called secret spot we was fishing in lmao well ive been fishing that spot and creek arm when i was still in diapers but its top secret ive been told :wink::roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

but ya i wonder if a person can mark fish they turn lose without getting into trouble ????? that would be neat .

chris ( catman1979 ) has a simular story ,, he fillet off a blue gill side for bait and after a good while when the rest of that blue gill had kinda dried up on the cutting board he threw it over board into the water in current and he never moved the boat and caught more fish ,

well when he cleaned the fish the next day at my dads we cut open a few of them to see what they had been feeding on and low and be hold 1 of them had the blue gill in its stomach with 1 side of its body fillet off . the bait he threw back in the water :eek:oooh::crazy: lol thats just amazzing to happen because of the strong current no telling how far it drifted down before that fish ate it then ate another bait and got caught !!!!!

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Scotty I've heard of guys marking fish by using a paper punch on their fins, the hole don't fill in and then you can tell If you had caught it before:wink:

12. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    i use a paper punch also thanks to the many informative ideas my friend ozman taught me thanks oz your the best:wink:

13. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Also fished saturday night with my son we caught 6 fish from 3 to 6 lbs. Getting a lot of tap taps and hard hits with no hookups. Two weeks ago they were biteing good in the daytime . Fished from 10:30 Am to 3 PM caught over 40 fish most were from 15 to 35 lbrs