Warsaw report 09-17-2008

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Short report, went down to Warsaw Wednesday night and Thursday. Very minimal water running when I got there Wednesday night, and only one bite too with no fish caught. Fished again Thursday and caught 2 all day, one about 10 inches and the other about a pound. Bait was easy to find in Drake Harbor in the daylight. Fish were caught at the buoys below the dam. Still had fun, depth finder crapped out so no idea what the water temp was. Probably my last fishing trip for a while, bowhunting is now my hobby until I connect with an 8 pointer or bigger. Chris

2. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Chris; Bow Hunting is great. But I hope to see you at the Shootout. You can take a little time off.

Later Steve....

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Steve, I will be in Iowa the week before for advanced swat but have that weekend off so am planning on being there. Don't think I'll fish the tournament but would love to meet everyone and have a few drinks. Chris

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I decided to get off the couch and try my luck. Big bait was hard to find. Once I had a few I set up in about 3 different spots. Only caught one fish in 4 hours. :eek:oooh::sad2:Some small taps and that was it. Corps was running 35000 CFS. Talked to a Corps ranger the other day and he indicated that they would be running water at that rate till it gets back to normal. I'd like to think the fish will bite if they keep running the water.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    35,500 cfs running today. Try Spider rigging (vertical drifting) Live perch and big Live shad. :0a23:
    Works on the lake too.....:wink:

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Troy. I may try that sometime this week.

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I forgot to mention. I did manage to hook onto a trot line with my anchor while fishing way above 65 bridge. The current made it very tough to get the anchor in. Looks like someone was cheating.

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :smile2: they picked a bad spot to cheat dad went out today below the dam and only caught 3 little fish and very few bites .

hard not to fish the river seeing the current but you are gonna have to go way down river or go to truman to catch fish .

things could change soon tho come on 60 degree water temps and in dec when when they hit water temps in the 40s wooo hooo they will be schooled up tight :wink:

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    How far down river do you think a guy would need to go? Gas prices like they are I'd hate to go too far. :eek:oooh::sad2: I guess I could spare a little if it meant I'd catch some fish.

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i would go down as far as deer creek and start fishing some spots im gonna try that next week hit the channel edges. i know some logs down in that area i will hit for flatheads and blues if you dont want to spend the gas money i would fish truman .

dont be afriad to start fishin the shallow water again :wink:

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear that you didn't catch any cats, perhaps next time, good luck bow hunting and don't forget about the catfish!

12. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I ran into the same thing this week at the LOZ. Sounds like it must be poor fishing all over right now.

13. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info Scotty.