Warsaw report 06-11-2009

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got down there yesterday afternoon and went on a "recon mission" based on info I got from a friend regarding where I may find some flatheads. Found some killer flathead territory, locals were kind of scary, I think I even heard dueling banjo's playing in the background. Well, did some daytime flathead fishing and struck out, expected that since I rarely catch many flatties in the daytime. Set-up just upstream of the 65 Bridge and had an AWESOME trip. Caught 20-25 fish total, all nice with the average being 10 pounds or so. Biggest fish for the night was 21 pounds and had another nice one break off before I ever got to get him turned. Been having a bad year with the mono leaders breaking off from line twist, currently using 40# but going to upgrade to 50# and see if that fixes the problem. Kept 4 total, all from 8-12 pounds, let the 21 pounder go. They shut the water down right at midnight again, which is when I loaded up. Drake Harbor is closed this weekend due to the carnival there so you will have to use the City Park or the ramp at the old channel. I sent that pic to a few people on my phone, if anyone has it it would be cool to post for me, or I will try and upload one off my camera tomorrow when I get off work. Two of the fish I cleaned today still were holding eggs. Water temp in the main channel was 74 degrees. Chris

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to wackem and stackem chris !!!! congrats on a great trip ..

thanks for the report :wink:

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    dont worry about the banjos , just run if you here a man scweeling like a pig lol.

4. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I guess I really don't worry about it too much, I have a bad habit of having some type of "heat" with me just about everywhere I go, comes with the job I guess :cool2:. Chris

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    That thing on the side of your hip would take care of any problems that might arise .:wink:

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here is one of the Pics Chris sent me. Congrats on another good trip!!!

Rob

Attached Files:

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thats the pic that I got. Looks like Angle is saying that is a keeper. Chris what did she do when you threw the fish back? I bet she was mad:smile2:.

Tom

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Last time i was around Drakes, i wish Chris had been around close.:eek:oooh: We're anchored ( friends from Kansas) right at the power lines. Listened to drunks cuss and fight for what seemed like all night. Didn't bother us fishin really and provided cheap entertainment.

9. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, Angel really wanted to keep that one, it took a little while to get in the boat since I just grabbed a gill instead of netting it. Well, any drama or chaos added to reeling in a fish and she really goes crazy so she freaked out when I got that one off the hook for her. Then every time I pull out the scale she knows its even better because I only weigh if they look over 20, so she was all amped up while I was getting its weight. She was super mad when I tossed it back, went under the console and sighed real big pouting, till the next fish came in at least. She cracks me up every time somehow or another! Chris

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    :eek:oooh: Dang dawg seen alot better fish than i ever have.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    By gawd i'm here to say i ain't real smart like, but STOUGHT. I'll pull anchor and not whine,,,,too much anyway.