Warsaw report 01-01-2010

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lauched the boat on Friday and fished above the Harbor and also hit my hot spot on the point and came up with no fish. Fished again Saturday and same results. Didnt mark many fish but gave it a serious effort. Shad super easy to find in the Harbor, took Herv out yesterday and we caught more shad then both of us could use. I had to drive through ice to get back in the Harbor last night, so I would say that today it is probably totally iced over. I'm 100% confident that I could have got into some good fish if I would have headed downstream but I wasnt that motivated being by myself. Last weekend we marked all of our fish downstream from the 65 Highway bridge. Angel was funny yesterday with that spoonbill! Morris and I are headed back next weekend to try again, think we're gonna meet up with Scotty. Chris

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    good luck this weekend chris. better dress warm

3. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Gortex cold weather suite, extra fleece coat, stocking hat, facemask, neck gater, footwarmers, adhesive body warmers, 2 pairs of socks, gortex gloves, fleece base layer, 100% wool sweater, fleece pants, long jons, and propane heater. already got them all packed. I know as soon as i get it all on ill have to pee!:smile2: All we need to know now is scott going to have his boat done???? If not will he still go???? dunt dunt da........:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2: If he dosn't go im gonna call him every time I boat a fish. You better be ready buddy im gonna BLOW your phone up!!!!!:crazy::smile2::big_smile:

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys go fish while Scotty stays behind and works? :smile2::smile2:
    Yea, I cant see that happening. LOL Coldest temps so far this winter in the forecast for the end of the week. BURR!!! I'm so ready for spring!!!!

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well talked to cop chris tonight

and

im not going

well maybe

nope

well sure i will go

ummm I look at weather and think of the boat ramps ummmmm nope not going

sit in bed watch tv ummm well maybe

call morris as im all jacked up on mountian dew watching MTV smashing pumkins playing HELL YA IM GONNA GO !!!!

call chris ( salem chris ) yep lets do it !!! well maybe not ummmm

looks like im leaving tuesday morning :smile2::smile2: first thing try to get enclosure done

then fish :eek:oooh::crazy: salem chris twisted my arm tell i gave in :sad2::wink:

wish us luck I think we really gonna need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morris .. chris see you guys friday !!!!

we can armwrestle to see who has to throw the shad net :cool2::cool2:

now where did i put my vitamins ?????? :tounge_out::tounge_out:

7. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    you guys better check the weather channel, BELOW ZERO FORCAST:embarassed:
    the harbor will be iced in for sure and the ramp will be hopeless:crazy:

8. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    It will be frozen solid by the weekend. If I were you I'd bring plenty of shine and enough fishing videos to keep you occupied. Might ought to finish the enclosure fire up the heater and put a big screen t.v. in the garage and watch fishing videos from the boat. Way too cold to fish even with an enclosure.

9. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Scotty:
    Look at it this way.
    All the fish will be there waiting when the weather breaks.
    They will will be there.
    If something goes wrong it will be all over.
    Just my thoughts don't want to lose ya.
    If you do decide to go good luck and be safe.

10. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    don't you guys worry , one way or another we will be getting poles in the water!!! If we have to saw a little hole in the water! Take a torch to the boat ramp drill a hole and put a quater stick of dynamite in it. CLEAR!!!! BOOOM!!!! were going. Im sure it will give us somthing to record to say the least! ha ha and who knows we might even catch some fish!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVdvVE_ncgs

11. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    if that dosn't work we still have power plant lakes! Who knows i hear they hold record fish!!! LMAO

12. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Talked with Morris last night and he was afraid that I was going to bail out on him. NO MATTER WHAT, WE ARE FISHING THIS WEEKEND! Looks like its going to be cold, so I'm gonna leave Angel at home so she dont freeze. Guess I need to get her some dog coveralls or something. Only concern I have is finding a ramp that is not frozen over. So, Oar House ramp, Montrose, and last resort is La Cygne in Kansas but we're definately fishing somewhere. Chris

13. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    You guys be careful out there.

14. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Saturday high is 14 deg. Brrrrrrrr
    Good luck guys and say warm
    :0a18:

15. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys are crazy. One thing I want you to make sure you are ready for is getting back in the boat should someone fall in. It would only take a few minutes in this weather for things to take a bad turn. Make sure you have a way to get back in that boat and something dry to change into ASAP. Be safe and think ahead, playing in weather this cold changes the game.

16. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Even if you get back in the boat I think you only have a few minutes to get to a heat source before hypothermia sets in, especially considering that the water temp is warmer than the air when you get back in the boat. The shad have been completely frozen within 20 minutes after putting them in the bucket. I'm going to bring a can of Coleman fuel just in case. I figure if one of us falls in at least we could make a mad dash to the bank and get an instant fire going with the Coleman fuel, then add wood as needed until we were able to get dried off and figure out a rescue plan. Sounds kind of extreme but I think its best to have "some" plan instead of figuring it out when it happens. I remember having to swim in extreme cold when I was in the Marines, and it definately takes everything out of you. Chris

17. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats an understatement. Be safe and good luck fishing.

18. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Saftey First!!! When Duck hunting the Missouri River I always try to carry a few dry cloths,a couple cheap poly tarps, and a propane heater. Good luck guys and be safe!!

19. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    You guys need to rethink this and get smart and not go. No matter how hard core you think you are fishing is not worth someone falling in and taking a chance on drowning. Even if you get out of the water it is supposed to be so cold that you will freeze in a matter of minutes. If I was down there you would have to get through the big blue dodge and my fat backside to get down the ramp and I dont think you could get through either one. DONT GO. There is always next weekend.

Tom

20. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    I agree with Tom on this.