warsaw june

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Jun 15, 2009.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well got down today late morning and went out for awhile down below the dam caught around 8 blue cats biggest was 28 lbs

dad forgot the camera so we didnt stay fishin too long the clouds went away and i got to hot so we came in swnapped a quick pic of the fish and turn it lose back at the harbor .

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats a nice one yes sir:cool2:

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice fish Scotty! Might head down first thing in the morning, got busy this afternoon and now its storming. Chris

4. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Nice fish scotty! I went close to home today and only got a few.
    Almost went to warsaw,but got too busy.
    I may head that way in the morning if its rainin,and might see ya!

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    At a Boy Scotty, I have been wanting to get back down. Just waiting for things to get fired back up. Keep the reports coming!
    Rob

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    heck ya earl come on over and you can help my and my nephew aaron do some wackem and stackem :wink::smile2:

well go at night ill bring my banjo and aaron plays a mean harmanica:big_smile::big_smile: them flatys love a good ho down !! hee hee lmao

7. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Nice fish Good job I like when good fisherman catch and release big fish to fight another day:roll_eyes:

8. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hurray,
    Wife sneaked a new 7000 I Abu reel into my house cant wait to use it.:big_smile:

9. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanted to say thanks to you and Scotty for giving me all those crappie and white bass! Think the flatheads like the crappie better though, only caught gar on the white bass.:wink:

10. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Glad to hear ya made it home safe earl. Man it sure was a blast last night. Good thing we were havn fun or the night would have been real slow. I like your way of usin the kill wire. Me i just give em a good ol ball pen hammer massage. Works ever time:wink: I dont know if scotts ever gonna wake up or not he was still out at 4 when i left. Hope we get to go agian soon that was sure fun. Save me a couple gallon bags of fillets would ya. :big_smile:

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I use a t-handle allen wrench instead of a wiire, about 3/32" or so, with the end sharpened to a point. Costs about $2 and will last forever or until you drop it in the lake.

12. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    The lake has come up at least 6 feet at my camp site at Berry Bend since the rain, I had to keep changing my boat rope:eek:oooh: it is not going down and they haven't let any water out as of today---morning:big_smile:

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ahh Scottey be catchin minners (LOL):smile2:

14. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    nice fish Scotty.

15. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have heard of this before, what is proper place to insert it on the fish's head?

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    On a blue cat, there's a little ripple in the forehead between his eyes. Right in the middle of that ripple would be the place - there's a spot there that's fairly soft and easy to poke through. Stick your wire in horizontally - you're pretty much going through his brain and spinal cord, so you kind of need to aim for his tail.

Blurry but kind of shows what I'm talking about:

http://www.pbase.com/martyt/image/81679240

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've skinned alot of fish in my time but never killed a fish with a wire. YET, that is. When i worked for my uncle on his fish farm, when we processed food fish he had an ice pick attached to an extension cord and with the fish in a big wire basket, you could stick one fish with the ice pick and plug in the cord. Zap,,,all fish got killed at once. This always seemed rather dangerous to me however. I'm makin me a wire, thanks for the tip fellows.

18. benwebber

benwebber New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    i believe the water is back movin

19. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile::smile2: we had a blast with you also earl i havnt laughed that much in a long time buddy !!!! glad we got into some fish for ya :wink: next time im taking some t p lol :smile2::smile2: rest up earl and we will have to hookem and cookem again !!!!! 2 funny

tom , judy and myself went to osceola thursday night earl good current comming in but i never got into the fish or they didnt want to bite but we didnt get skunked caught a couple , still had a good time tho and thanks earl for the tips i was in new water i hadnt fished before up your way and some how got turned around in the dark and was going the wrong way until tom said your going up river scotty :eek:oooh: lol ooops good thing tom was watching out for me or i would of ended in taberville instead of back to the 13 bridge boat ramp :smile2::smile2:

20. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    tom , judy and I did catch a few fish and even manage to get a 12 to 14 lb flathead in the boat wensday night below the dam spider rigging with live shad and perch ..
    very very nice people they are and i enjoyed fishin with them :wink::big_smile:

be glad when the spawn is over and they are feeding good again its slow and hit and miss right now ..

thanks to earl , tom and judy and aaron I had a very good time fishin with you all :wink::wink::big_smile: !!!!!!!!!!1