Warsaw boat accident Saturday night, hope no BOC brothers involved

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like there was a boating accident Saturday night 92mm Lake of the Ozarks. Says one boat was anchored up fishing, hopefully everyone was okay. Just a reminder to keep your head on straight when you're out there, especially at night. Here's a link to the info: http://www.mswp.dps.mo.gov/News/NRDetail.asp?ID=N07090054

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    $50 says the anchored boat wasn't displaying any lights. If not, then $100 says the operator of the other boat was drunk.

It's getting as bad down on the upper LOZ as it is out on the Missouri with folks running up and down river with no lights, anchoring with no lights, etc. etc.

Anybody I see without lights gets a spotlight in the face until they're past me or I'm past them...

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats a solid bet marty.
    welder and i were up at bagnell saturday night/ sunday morning, and we saw some crazy guys in a 10 foot john that was about 3 ft wide riding LOW in the water (maybe 6 inches of the boats sides were above the water), with no lights and headed straight for the gates. it looked like a strong breeze would have tipped them. crazy!
    what do you do in a boat like that if you get on to a big fish? or better yet, if someone come flying by you at a good rate of speed?
    do you just jump in to save yourself the trouble of getting tossed overboard?

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd hate to bet against either one.

Use your lights out there guys and gals. They don't attract enough bugs to warrant turning them off. Better safe then sorry.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wasn't going to mention the no lights thing because some people, a few on this site, still go out and don't use any lights which is just another HUGE debate. But, I would also be betting that someone didnt have lights on, and also a fair chance there was alcohol involved. One thing alot of people dont realize is at night the speed limit on the water is 30mph, which is actually too fast if you ask me. I usually try and run at 20 or so unless I'm running with my spotlight on. Chris

6. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Hay chris my grandson and i came up past two boats right near their and only one boat had lights on this was 11:eek:o sharp we were fishing down past cole camp creak and he did not like the bugs or the sounds in the night so I brought him back and drop him off at the dock.But he hung in there good for a 6 year old.Fishing was not very good for us only 1 fish 3lb at that time.They shut off the water at 12:eek:o and it was over the bite was off.So several of us fished till 1:30 7 boats and only one fish over 15lb 6 fish 3/5 lbs.Lots of times when i am down there boats have lights off untill you get close to them.I am shocked that more things like this dont happen.:angry:plus some of those people run well over 40 miles per hour in the dark.NUTS

7. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    If the lights keep me from getting run over I will use them. Another mans prop has no business in my boat.:confused2:

8. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That was my policy not to long back. I was down around Missouri City. 2A.M and I see a boat in the main channel just holding in the current. I fired up my big light and held it on this big Jon Boat for about 15 seconds before my friend say "Its MDC" They were putting the glasses on us checking us out. They were really in a great mood by the time they got on shore to check our papers.... I still do it from time to time though. I would rather be called as a$$ than be called dead:eek:oooh: