warsaw bite

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Jul 7, 2009.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    well in the last 3 weeks that i know of 3 blue cats around 80 lbs have been caught below the dam woooo hoooo :big_smile::big_smile:

and just got off the phone with chris and he just landed a 33 lb flathead:big_smile::big_smile:

so hurry hurry hurry and catch some hawgs before the water is shut off and they swim back down stream !!!!!:wink:

good luck guys and gals

2. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I will be up tomorrow by 6 pm for the night. Ill be in a white vee with to guys who are clueless about fishing up above the72 mile marker. And one of the two is me!!!! :eek:oooh:
    Where the 80s released or deep fried?

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You know what, Scotty? You gotta be a great guy. I would like to meet you sometime. You live there, and are like come on down while the gettin' is good. That's cool. All the local folks in Warsaw that I've talked to are real nice folks. Warsaw could be my second hometown if weren't so far away. :sad2: Just sayin'...some folks can be kinda snobby about their local fishin' holes, but not you...and that's cool! MTL is great fishing, but nothing like Truman and LOZ. A person can get spoiled fishing there. One of these days, I'ma hook a monster...I finally have rigs and string that I trust will land one. :big_smile:

Just got fresh recon from the Chariton river that the flats are turned on. Hopefully they are in all the rivers 'cause I'm ready to go catch me a hawg! yeehee.

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the post Scotty! I'm typing live from the boat lol, brought my laptop and finally got it fired up. Bite has been hit and miss, drifted up on the lake yesterday and only got 3 small blues, then fished below the dam last night and got 2 small blues. Within 5 minutes tonight I got that 32 pound flathead. Funny story too! I was getting my computer fired up and had just put out 3 rods. Well, I hear this funny sound, not paying attention to the rods so I look up ond the outside on is bent over nearly touching water, sound I heard was drag smoking out. I get the rod out of the holder and call Dan (catfishwizard) who was fishing upstream. I couldnt get this fish to move. Called Scotty too to tell him I had a monster. Fish just stayed down deep. Well, after about 20 minutes Dan rolled up and I got in with him so we could get the fish out of the current. Finally got it up and it was a nice 32 pound flathead. I was kind of disappointed thinking it was a huge blue but still had a good time. Dan got some pics and we let it go. Hopefully I will have some more before the end of the night. I sent a few phone pics if anyone can post that would be great, if not then Dan might tomorrow. THANKS A BUNCH DAN! Chris

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

key thanks for the kind words KAT that was nice of ya buddy :big_smile::wink:!!

yep I grew up in them there hills and been fishin before i could ride a bike
    caught my first 50 lber before i was 10 or 11 i think it was ..
    back in the day we ran trottlines when dad was home and when he was gone driving the truck mom took me fishin all over the place ponds ,, river,, lake ect , but in the early 80s fishin off the rocks below the dam was a killer for big blues and we caught our share of them . even stuck my arm in a bank or 2 in colecamp creek ..

man thats what this site is all about to me helping others to have a great time fishing !!!!:big_smile::wink: Ill help anybody out the best i can ..

your right the locals in warsaw are some great down to earth people :wink::big_smile: most of the snobs your talkin about are from other parts , but dont let them get to ya buddy !!!!

again thanks for the kind words !!!!!

now get out there and catch ya hawg or 2 buddy !!!! woooo hoooo

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    yeppers chris i was all wired up after the first call to say the least :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I was ready to call dad for him to get the guy that works up at MFA in lincoln to meet ya up thier to wiegh it on certified scales !!!!!!!!

my next option i could think of was newmans grocery store ...

didnt want ya to go threw what i di buddy grrrrrrrrr lmao

way to go chris that flatty was a mean son of a ( gun ) :roll_eyes::smile2:

good luck tonight my friend if ya call me again I allready got my
    30-06 loaded in the truck and got me life jacket on so trust me he wont get away dude !!!!! hee hee lol

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Talk about high tech:smile2::smile2::smile2: Chris fishin with a computer in the boat. If this isn't real-time information i don't know what is.:wink: And Matt your right, Scotty has helped me out several times and countless others. Same as Chris, Troy and many many others. Congrats on the nice flat Chris, nice one indeed.

8. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    yep Troy is 1 nice guy for sure !!!!! ive tried a couple times to get him out and timming never worked :sad2::sad2:

its so hard right now for me to make plans in advance with moving and all never know for sure im going until the wife (boss ) lol says i can :smile2::angry:

but next time im down im gonna kidnap ole troy and take him fishin for a few nights or days .

sorry i couldnt get with you also countryhart but dog gone it one of theese days you ,me and troy need to hit it :wink::wink:

when i ever get done with this house thing and get moved it will be eaiser for me to make plans !!!!!!

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: well snagging season is done and finally june is over with wheeeeeeeeeeeew im glad its time to fish again !!!!!!!:smile2::smile2:

what yall think ???????

is july a fish or no fish time ????? anything i should be aware of :eek:oooh::crazy: ???

myself i dont like hot weather im a fat guy :smile2: lol so im ready for october !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Figured I'd post an update, just boated a 12 pound blue, bite is pretty slow though. I'll keep posting until my computer battery dies. Chris

11. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2: what they hittin your gloved hand with earl ?????? a gaff or pitch ??? hee hee lol :smile2:

12. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here is the Pic Chris sent me. I think Dan has his finger on the lens in this shot. LOL Nice Flatty Chris, your off to a good start for the night!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: thanks for postin the pic rob !!!!! thats cool of ya man :wink::wink:

way to chris what a nice flatty !!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well he has been taking his dog angel out with him when they fish :crazy: i swear i seen it myself she can smell a catfish a mile away and go on point !!!!!!:eek:oooh::smile2: I think chris trained her well !!!!! hee hee

now that i look at the picture again his hair does look wet hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Hell if white is the ticket i bet Micheal Jackson and that white wavin glove was a fish catchin dude.:crazy:

16. jacobsuenram

jacobsuenram New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fished there Tuesday and Wednesday night and caught one blue that weighed about a pound.