WARSAW AREA QUESTION

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catman-j, Sep 3, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    My dad lives there and will be going to the hospital up in Sedalia very soon. He has a mass on his lung that the doctor is sure that it is cancer. He can't drive very far especially that far and he won't be able to drive at all after his biopsy. Is there any transportation service available to get him to Sedalia and back? If he doesn't have to go to the hospital until after next wednesday I'll be able to go down there myself.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Jeff sorry to hear about your dad. The prayers will be out for him from the Mallory family. I am sure someone will be on here shortly to help you out brother.

Tom

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    jeff sorry to hear that. i think that oats may do that sort of thing my dad used to work fo them and that is what they did. nothing but transport. im not sure what the cost is but i know it is cheap. im not sure what oats stands for but u should look them up. hope that helps.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Benton County Health Department - http://benton.lphamo.org/ - I'd start here, tell them your story and see what they recommend.

OATS might be able to help - http://www.oatstransit.org/

Local churches also might be able to help as many of them have volunteers who can shuttle folks to the doctor and back. Try St. Ann's Catholic Church, Warsaw United Methodist Church and Warsaw Baptist Church (the first three that popped into my head, no idea if any of them can help or not).

The American Cancer Society also provides free transportation for cancer patients. The closest office is in Springfield, MO (60 miles south of Warsaw) - visit www.cancer.org to search for the closest office.

As a last resort, the Benton County Taxi service is always available though the cost is probably astronomical. (660) 438-5800

Good luck, especially to your father.

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Thanks, Older Adults Transportation Service. I thought they no longer existed.

6. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Sorry to hear the news, we will keep this in our prayers

7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    ya their still around i see their vans in jefferson city alot. and now i snow what it means. thank ya.

8. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    prayers to jeff be strong

9. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I'm heading down that way tomorrow, bringin the boat too.

10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    everything work out for ya ok jeff? hope it all went well.

11. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    The biopsy confirmed it is lung cancer and it has likely spread but until he has a pet scan we won't know for sure.