warsaw 2-7 09

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by medford, Feb 7, 2009.

1. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    went below the damn today fish alittle mainly ran new motor to break it in some as chris and scotty said there was some ice around the launch area but other than that very windy water temp showed about 39 degrees saw alot of fish on the sonar in bunches tryed some shad sides but no luck people i did taik with did not have much luck either crappie fisherman had very little luck talked with one local he had caught a couple dinks but nothing else:eek:oooh:

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to see you got it out! Which ramp did you use? Drake Harbor should be about free of ice hopefully as it is a much better ramp than the City Park one. How did the new boat do? Also, if you were using that store bought frozen shad its almost a lost cause, fresh is always better. And, it helps when they cooperate and run water out of the dam. Chris

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I took a friend of my dads yesterday his name is ozz we went down river and marked some fish on a bluff in 30 foot of water and set up on them , we only caught 7 or 8 fish but did have a couple 12 lbers and rest was 3 to 10 lbs , windy windy out there lol .

water temp was 38

gl guys scotty

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

I feel when the water temps get around 42 to 45 again and we have stable weather for a few days with the wind comming from south or west steadily , along with a good rain i see we may get the fish will turn on for all of us , and the shad kill we had will be all eatin and gone !!!!!

Its touch and go right now on the cats , but any day the weather is in the 50 s to 70 s is still a good day to be on the water fishin and ya never know when that monster could smash the rod over this time of year :wink::wink::wink: !!!!!

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hey Steve glad you got to get the boat out and get some time on it. How did it do?

Tom

6. MOVINON

MOVINON New Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    Have you tried above the dam recently?

7. WhiteCats

WhiteCats New Member

State:
    Oak Grove, MO
    Heading to Truman Lake near Sparrowfoot in the morning. Going to do some catfishing using my new Driftmaster rod holders. :smile2: Post a report when I get home.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey I am giving it one moth before I head that way, I need directions to the Dam.

9. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Kev,
    you should come down for the gathering. It should be a lot of fun.