Warsaw 1/23/10

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fridaybocopw, Jan 17, 2010.

1. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Planning on goin to warsaw to catch some fishies next weekend. Anyone give me some info from down there? Is it still frozen? Bait? Etc. Thanks!

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I know that Scotty CatfishChris1779 and duckalot fished down there this weekend and was catching some. Talked to them last night the harbor was starting to thaw out and they were catching shad off one of the docks. They have been unloading at the city ramp and going down river. Good luck when you go.

Tom

3. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info Tom. If anyone wants to come down and mentor us that would be great lol. Im goin with a friend of mine and we are both 21. I guess you could say we are young dumb and have a boat. Scotty wheres your input? yo always seem to have all the answers.

4. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry tom didnt intend to sound mean there lol. He usually tells me where to get bait and where the fish are. gues I should read my post before I post them.

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Ill be down there next weekend too. Probably fish friday arternoon - sunday. Might pull the boat out to get some grub somwhere but im sure you will be able to find me. I bet scotty, cop chris , ozman and a few others will be there too. Boy the ramp sure was packed this weekend. I talked to a few people i didnt know pulling out while i was putting in, they all fished for crappie and said it was SLOW! I have a feeling next weekend the cats will be biteing even better, boy i hope so! :fingers-crossed:

6. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are goin to shoot to probably be down there about day light. Be in either a red half ton chevy or a green f250. Both around 2000's. If ya see us give us a holler.

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    hey mike if you re gonna fish on sunday i can meet up with ya! i was there today

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    they have been running water all day long the last 3 days or so and the fish are scatterd not stacked up as much as they should be this time of year and water temps .

what we seem to find is ya see a few fish set up on them and we catch fish very fast but maybe only 5 or so then the action dies ,, so what we have been doing is moving about every hour , so ya may bounce around alot .

we fished in 10 foot of water to right smack in the middle of the channel and caught fish then move .

bait is tuff as all get out we do the best at night off the habor dock ,, but by next week end i feel the coves should be unthawed so bait should be much much easier to get .

use light sinkers like 2 ounce to 4 ounce is all ya need and the bite is light just tap tap on the rod tips .

this time of year I like to use small baits like quater size ,, heads and short fillets seem the best .

good luck may see ya !!!

hope ya rip some lips !!!!

9. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks scotty. Im ready to fast forward through this week and hit the water. Your pics didnt help me much lol

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    hopefully the weather guy is wrong about saturday. this afternoon it was 100% chance of rain

11. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wonder if its actually goin to rain saturday? Probably be the only day the weather man gets it right and Ill be out on the water.

12. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like a pretty good chance of rain. To make matters worst they said to expect some high winds on Saturday as well. :sidefrown:

13. moav81

moav81 New Member

State:
    KC, MO
    I plan on heading down there Sat. as long as at least 1 of the 2 people I have been talking to go along with me to sufferrrrr errrrr fish. I'll be in a grey suburban with a G3 deep V if we show. Ill have the enclosure on her if its raining so no mistaking it'll be me. If ya see me pull up and say hi. Would like to meet ya all.

Kyle

14. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Im still planning on goin. if nothin else well at least have a nice road trip and drink a cold one.

15. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    im still going too, no enclosure for me. If you see a guy setting in the river with no enclosure in the pooring down rain and has his bilge pump running that me!!! Ill be in a bright red rain sute! LMAO!! Even if i have to set in the truck and watch my poles it beats setting at home. If it gets real bad I will just have to go visit Ozman or Scotts dad Don. Don is a hoot talking to him is just as much fun as fishing!

16. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    i should be down there this weekend to. ill be with scotty if he gets his boat back. i agree, don will talk your ear off but they dont get any better then him!

17. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    I'll be going down on Friday morning fishing most of the day, so if any of you guys happen to be there give me a holler...I'll be in a white "Spectrum" V-bottom. Would like to meet some of the LEGENDS of the Osage!!

18. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    I talked with the shop thats going to do my enclosure today adam I take my boat to him tomorrow morning morning at 8 am to go over placement and what materials I will need to get for him ,, he will start on it next week asap wooo hoooo cant wait

so me and herb took everything out of the boat seats and all and washed it so I wont have a boat this weekend Im going to help morris with his rod rack and a couple other things

I will call you tomorrow adam

the weather for saturday dosnt look good at all high winds and rain

me and herb even took apart 10 of my garcias and gave them a good cleaning today also woo hoo new reels again .. and changed the oil in the boat motor

think i will even wash my poles tomorrow lol

going to try and meet fishin fool tomorrow morning before he heads out to fish ..

good luck to all thats fishing and catch some hawg daddys !!!!

19. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    yea i just looked at the weather and it said 15-20 mph winds with gusts up to 30. might just have to go wind surfing:laugh1:

20. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    we have changed our plans to go down sunday. seems like it will be much nicer then. well be there bright and early. joer ill give you a call later tonight if your still interested in going.