Warning!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Apr 5, 2008.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    My wife recently purchased some Scrub pads from Wal-Mart that were suppose to be "Copper".A magnet will pick them up!:sad2:This means that they have to be gilded steel like the Chinese military bullets.I use these on Guns,my expensive cookware and some of my medical equipment.It could ruin the guns,scratch up the expensive cookware and possibly cause me harm or worse if I scratched a place where a seal fits on my medical equipment.These look like copper.Please check yours with a magnet.If the magnet sticks to them they are a steel pad masquerading as Copper.I see no way that this can be a mistake.Someone is passing off and selling a cheap product that will damage things and can injure some one if the the purchaser uses it as it is sold to be used.:angry:

Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks ,Pee Wee. I never thought of that in these times of copper swindling. nice to know you have my back.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the warning buddy, that's not good.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I cant believe Chinas quality control standards didnt catch that:angry:Seriuosly thanks PeeWee.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am now worried about Wal-Marts.:sad2:

The pads say made in China in fine print."#503-3,a c in a circle 2005 Made in China"."Quickie Mfg.Corp.P.O.Box 156 Cinnaminson,N.J. 08007". www..quickie.com .Ain't that just great!

Also.I tried telling Wal-Mart about it on line.I kept getting "Timed out".I am handicapped (for the correct) crippled up and too slow to get through in time.They were bought at the Statesboro,Georgia store and I ain't been able to notify Wal-Mart.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am amazed that Wal-Mart is trying to save a buck at the consumers expense:doubt::crazy::confused2: Wal-mart doesn't care about the consumer....its just the bottom line.

8. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Did you see the peice Keith Oberiman did on wal-mart ..seem 's one of their emplyee's I think in Mo.got hit by a truck while loading ....suffered a head injury.to make a long story short they found some loop hole so they [wal-mart] wouldn't have to pay any of the $400,000.00 they owed this person...As Keith said .......WAL-MART low price's everyday ....and even lower ethic's all the time.........

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the warning Brother! Its appreciated!

10. geezer

geezer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :confused2:Thanx peewee, my wife worked for WalMart for over 20 years. Didn't used to be this way when Sam Walton ran things.
    Now I guess we are going to have to take our magnets past a metal detector.