Warning: Try Not To Fish In Your Sleep

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by capt.kirk, Aug 24, 2005.

1. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

TRUE STORY
    one night last week i had been out fishing about 8 hours with no sucess.
    i came in ,cleaned up and went to bed,was kind of restless,finally went to
    sleep and was haveing strange dreams,you know how you can get sometimes.
    well i must have been fishing in my sleep and must have hooked something
    really big.i am over 6 ft tall,the next thing i knew i was on the floor wedged
    in about a 5 ft opening between the dresser and the night stand,had a charlie
    horse and could not get up,by that time the wife started laughing and asked
    what are you doing on the floor,she quit laughing when she came around and
    saw the blood.she helped me get up and set on the bed,went and got the
    first aid kit,cleaned and bandaged my wounds.i really wish this was not a
    TRUE STORY,damage report,torn rotater cup in left shoulder,eye tooth thru
    lip,broken jaw tooth,and some minor scratches.after it was over she had to
    laugh and asked me if i needed side rails on the bed?i replied no but a seat
    belt might be a good idea.i can look back now that i am healing up,and think
    it was kind of funny.the only thing i can add to this is,FISHING IN BED CAN BE
    HAZARODUS TO YOUR HEALTH. ;)

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Lol, man, sounds like you came out on the losing end on that one! I bet your wife was happy you didn't try to put her on the stringer, lol. You need to get out and catch some fish before you end up killing yourself! I know how that goes, when you have fishing on your mind 24 hours a day, you start dreaming about em too. I just ain't never had one put up that big of a fight in my sleep!

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    HOLY COW! RELAX BRO!

HA!!!!!

Try going to bed witha a fighting belt on... one with a gimball seat perhaps. hahahahahaaaa

Hope you hook it again soon, and land it next time.

safe travels!

Sal

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    MAN,I would've never thought sleeping could be so dangerous.I dreamed there was a 2 foot tall rat standing on the nightstand ,swung at it and knocked a 12' rotating fan 10 feet down the hall. Years ago man,years ago.It happens to us all.I escaped w/o injuries though :D

5. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    I dislocated my shoulder in my sleep once. Needless to say, I didn't remain asleep for very long.. :crying:

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am sorry that that one got away, Did he spool you or what???
    I think you have some serious issues about not catching fish,LMAO!!! You need to come to grips with the fact that fish don't always cooperate with us, and we as fisherman tend to need to feel that tug on our lines from time to time to keep us from going crazy,LMAO!!! I hope you catch one soon before you break your neck, :D :D :D

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Wow, thats got to hurt. I hope everything goes a bit better. Being laughed at will come back and bite her later.

8. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    What I want to know is, how big was the fish?

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    may I recommend circle hooks for fishin in your sleep! LOL thats all I use and I catch as many in my sleep as I do on the river! :eek:

10. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    IM with abilene how BIG was that fish LOL

11. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

i dont know how big it was,im 6ft 4 and weigh 230 lb must have been a monster to drag me out of bed.i will start taking a chill pill at night.i have
    probably been to wired up getting ready to take a 2 week vacation.leaving
    saturday for indiana for a short visit,then headed to barkley lake for at least
    a week.as far as her laughing there will probably be a pay back sometime.
    i just hope it does not involve blood and teeth.as i look back on it i have
    to laugh,except for the dentist bill.i guess i will remember that old saying,
    NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OPPONENT. :D

12. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Captain Kink, I didn't know there were catfish in Indiana, I thought it was a cornfield. Must be where the in-laws live. I've been to Barkley, it's a big lake, try not to get dragged off in it, like you did in your dream. Watch out for Kentucky lake, it's like right next to it. If you get lost and end up in Texas, come on by, I'll throw a mangy coyote on the barby. Enjoy your vacation and have a good trip, even if you do have to go to Indiana.

13. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Thats a new one!
    About a month ago I was sleeping soundly and heard a yell from my girlfriend. I woke up and she had a bloody nose. I guess I was sleep talking, and she said I sounded upset. The next thing she new, I rolled over and popped her in the nose. I didn't wake up until I heard her yell. It took quite a bit of apolgizing before she got over it. Needless to say I slept on the futon that night :eek:

14. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    At least that is the excuse you used for punching her in the nose, right? LOL!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the injuries, Captain Kirk!!!!!!!!!!! Man, that really sucks. God bless.

15. 98custom

98custom New Member

State:
    Northwest Flori
    sound dangerous. ill have to remember never to attempt it. but it must have been a real big one.

16. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Hey Asasin, I promise it was an accident. I hate gettin the futon ;)

17. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That's your excuse and your stickin' to it, huh? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! ;() God bless.

18. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    one thing to say if you guys fish on my boat fall asleep and ya get smacked with the bait fish lol you guys are fishing to much lol (nah) lol

19. babyhuey

babyhuey New Member

State:
    OKLA RIVER RAT
    :D hello everyone new member

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Sorry to hear about ur troubles lol! :(