WARNING to all newcomers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cattledogz, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    :0a34:
    Be forewarned, this site and the BOC community is very habit forming and therefore puts you at risk of becoming addicted!

I am sure the staff will tell you that BOC is in no way responsible for missed sleep, decreased productivity at work, less time for your spouse, etc., due to the time you will find yourself spending among this great family of friends. :)

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    ROFL @ Jim! Nope, huh-uh, I wouldn't call you addicted just becaue every time I come on to browse around you are on. I just kinda thought you forgot to sign off until I kept seeing new posts from you ;)

If you're like me you just can't help yourself...lol

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :rolleyes: NOW HOW CAN ANYONE CALL THE BOC HABIT FORMING. NO WAY JUST CAUSE YOU CAN SPEND HOUR AFTER HOUR ON HERE IS NO REASON TO SAY ITS HABIT FORMING. HA!HA!

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I think I have spent more time on the BOC this past year than time put on the water my whole life. Not addicting at all. :)

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know for a fact that I put more time on the BOC than I do the water!

6. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can't believe my work pays me to do this. :)

7. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I wrote a couple other posts in other threads that I am usually not interested in web sites like this. However, The BOC is very unique IMHO, and it can be addicting. Now, my wife has to pry me away from the computer.

8. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Same here, but im self employed so :confused:

9. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    my wife thinks i'm a nut, she says it's just fishin' how much is there to talk about..lol...she just doesn't understand...:)

10. Slimkat

Slimkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks For The Heads Up. I Hope Thats True. Thanks Allen

11. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Whenever i first joined i went to bed around 10 30 or 11 00, for about 3 weeks, i could not get off. I still seem to do that when there are so many good threads that are easy to respond to. This is a great site.

12. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I'm on here so much, I had to build the wife and kids a computer so I don't have to share mine. But now its getting warmer, I will be spending more time on the water.

13. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I can quit any time I want to......................ok right after I check a couple of more things................................One more post...........................no not addictive at all!

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Yea right it's not addicting at all....that is why i find myself writing this instead of doing homework right now. LOL

15. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

Yer warnings are 2 years 2 late sister!

16. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    Amen to that sis ive been on here for a few months and now i need Rehab...... :cry-big:

17. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    And you know what, I LIKE IT THAT WAY!!!
    The less she likes fishing, the more I do.

I've been a member of other fishing sites as well as a pop-up club and I am continually stunned at the activity on this site. I've never seen a site that literally gets hundreds of posts a day. The other thing that I love about this site is the quality of people here; there are no nasties here. Sure there are sarcastic comments here and there, but they're all in good fun. I've been on other sites where posters are just flat out rude.

I'M SO GLAD I WAS REFERRED TO THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addicted? No. My browser just has this incredible habit of hitting this site. I don't know how or why, but everytime I'm on the computer it just kinda migrates itself to this site. I'm not addicted, I think I have a computer problem.

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    you know your are addicted when in the middle of lovemaking you scream"TIGHT LINES TIGHT LINES" LOL

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, very habit forming to say the least. LMAO

20. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    ROFLMAO. That is twice in less than 24 hours that I have nearly spit my iced tea all over my computer because of posts on this site!