WARNING: Run... If Your Ever Tempted By Something Like This

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 18, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let me give you a brief summary of my last 8 hours.

I found a really nice bunk bed and desk/chair set. I borrowed my sisters truck plus my father in law and his truck to go get the thing.

It looks great. It's like one of those things that you'd loved to have had when you were a kid. I shelled out the $ for it. It's sort of an early Christmas gift. Of corse my daughter was broken hearted, so I had to go get her a Dora the Explorer bed. Yea, I know.... the freakin spanish speaking carton thing. I used to like that show until I began hating the Spanish language since it's being shoved down my throat everywhere I go.

Okay, back to the story. So, I drive 30 minutes or so and get the bed. I make a wrong turn somewhere and end up in a 45 minute detour. So I'm pretty ticked off by now. I almost hit two deer that decide it's a cool idea to play Frogger w/ me. :roll_eyes:

I began putting the bed together. I was having some major problems. I didn't know wheter to cuss or cry. So I did what any smart redneck guy would do: I began to look for liquor. I'm not much of a beer guy, or any other alcohol as far as that goes. I did have (notice I said DID) 8 or 9 Mikes Hard Lemonaide in the fridge. I also had some homemade Strawberry wine. I found out that either I'm getting really good at putting bunk beds together, since I'm on my 3rd try or that they go together much easier once you have some alcohol in you. :crazy::big_smile::big_smile_2:

Here is a pic of the nightmare. Of corse this is NOT what it looks like in my house. This is a stock photo of the bed.

I'll post a pic of what mine looks like when (IF) I ever get it done! :smile2: I'm expecting some differences.

Attached Files:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy what in the world was you thinking???? Never ever buy someting you have to put together!...I man who cant throw a castnet for sure cant put a bed together.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Best of LUCK on your Adventure.Sounds like you need to go get some more of Mikes good ol lemomade drink.I know what you mean things like that just drive me plum:crazy:
    Looks good in the picture.Hurry up we want to see your version:wink:
    Good Luck!!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Update:

It's 4AM, I have to be at work in 3 hours. I'm going to bed. (And no.... it's not done yet.) :angry:

My wife, who works a late 2nd shift, has taken over.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    So I see.

Flathunter dont care about breaking your little girls heart before X-mas. :sad2:

You sent up the BOC signal, he saw the signal, and then no response.

There should have been tires squeeling into your driveway from where Flathunter was there to help :angry:

What do you think Mellon should be done to reclaim your honor? :confused2:

You taught him to fish, run a trot-line, and survive off the land, you have given Flathunter everything you can! Help with a nightmare bunk divided into the tools you have taugh him for survival are a small price.

Boycott!

Boycott!

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O

¿El melón, cuál es la materia con español? Es una gran lengua cuando está hablado en sus áreas nativas. Es terrible cuando usted oye que él de los extranjeros ilegales y de las compañías que es abastece a ellas.

:004:

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Melon, what's the matter with Spanish? It is a great language when spoken in its native areas.
    It is terrible when you hear it from the illegal aliens and the companies that's caters to them.

Also remember, since the bed is made with metal tubing, the use of a sledgehammer is perfectly acceptable to make the pieces fit.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    H2O - Good luck with that bed! I put one together a few years back and man what a project :crazy:!

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm with Wil, sounds like you need a bigger hammer:smile2:.

10. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are lucky you got the one where all the screws are not 1/4 inch too short :p

11. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    And do not forget. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ INSTRUCTIONS

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bob real men dont read instructions:wink:(LOL) I would tell you you have to be smarter then what yer workin with but some other sweet member might give me some blies over it all so best of luck to you buddy.Sure is a fine mess you got yerself into there .......................:eek:oooh:

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Its a bunk bed so remember, left over parts are probably not spares!!!

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I also know what you mean. I wont let my daughter watch dora or some of the other cartoons. She shouldnt have to learn another language due to that races ingorance. English is the national language. If you cant speak it, you shouldnt force others to learn yours. Im 2nd generation American. I follow my grandparents train of thought. That you should speak the language of your country. this doesnt mean to foresake your heritage.
    If I gain citizenship in brazil. should I expect them to print everything in english or should I learn to speak portuguese? Hmmm....

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Scott not dissing on you but there is no "national" language. I agree with you to a point tho and I understand what your saying. My Wife and I teach my kids spanish and german (she knows spanish a little and I know german a little). For one it feeds them with a desire to know more about the world (at least I think so) and it doesnt bottle them up for later in life that they would know only one language.

Could they speak in spanish or german, no but if it gets them to learn it better or another language at that then they are one up on the next person that doesnt know it. Nothing wrong with knowing more than one language.

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You are a brave man to put that together!
    Bill

17. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Yall are all worrying about something that has been taken care of. Didn't you read???

His WIFE took over. It's alright now!:big_smile:

18. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Hush you Laura! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I shoot furniture all the time, what you have there is a simple bunk loft bed. the way i start is to first unbox all the componets and get out the instrunctions, then.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... hand over all the stuff to set up and tell them i'll be back in a hour to shoot it.lol

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Geez Mellon, H2O!????

Everyone knows that TAB A goes into SLOT B, right?

Now hand your wife the tools and go have a cold one.

Disclaimer: (I do a LOT of disclaimers:smile2:)

SkipEye would never say or do this at Home for fear of Mrs. SkipEye, plus she is a member here and will likely read this post.:crazy:

Yes Dear, I'll be right there...............

Oh hush up BOYZ, it's a universal thing and you know it.

Double disclaimer: Just kidding around Honey! (She really is a wonderful wife and mother and I am joking around) HONEST!