Warning On Lake Wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Aug 11, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If anyone is fishing Wylie this weekend, be careful traveling around by boat.

I was out this morning and several buoys are missing. All are shoal markers around points, mostly around Beaver Dam Creek. Apparently the storm was really bad and blew some of the buoys loose last night. The "research buoy" has either been moved by Duke Power or it blew out to the middle of the channel at Beaver Dam Creek.

There are also some sections of piers floating in the lake.

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Fish near the piers as they will be holding schools of baitfish and the catfish are gonna be near.......

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Man those storms must have been worse than I thought. I was watching Channel 6 from Charlotte last night and they had trouble at the station from the storms.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I was on Lake Moultrie last night, and they were bad, there. I think I saw one of the Wylie buoys near the dam in moultrie this morning, along with tons of other storm debris. Seriously, there was an awful lot of storm-blown debris today. That was some of the worst lightning I've seen in a long time. Glad I got off the water in time. It was still rough today.