Warning if you get a E-Mail from shania

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I think someone may have hacked his E-Mail. I receive a E-Mail from him. It had a link on it. And that link has a Virus. So Please watch out.
    A few others has also has this happen. It looks as it comes from them but somehow someone else has ripped there E-mail off.
    Fish here on the board had the same thing a few weeks ago.

Now it may not show up for you as a Virus. Hope it does not. But my Virus scan caught it.
    Pete

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Pete thank's for the warning.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the heads-up Pete. Bert would never do this, so some fool is up to no good.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Your right there. Bert is a good guy for sure. These people are somehow using others address's to send out these mails. Theres only a link no message. That is the key to finding these.
    So if you get an E-Mail that only has a link. Be sure to watch out.
    Even if its from your best friend.
    Pete

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Just don't click. You won't get virus from opening or receiving in mail or you'd be full of them all the time. You will get them if you open the links. On messengers, don't click links or run EXE files unless the person sending is available to say YES I SENT IT. don't ever run EXE files on any messengers. They are trojans.

*** ADDED: Shania-- go to your mail and change your password...and don't EVER supply a site or app with your email password unless you totally trust it. Sounds like a trojan has accessed your addy book and changing the password will sometimes stop it...also run Malwarebytes or a good antispyware, trojan killer, or antivirus.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the heads up Pete!​

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the warning Pete

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's possible that Shania has been hacked or has a computer virus, but most likely he doesn't. Most of these things come from "spoofed senders", where it will generate say a thousand emails that say they are from a thousand different senders.

If you get one of these from somebody you know, chances are somebody else got one that said it was from you. Someone you both corresponded with has a malware on their computer, and it sent these out to all of the addresses that it could find.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the heads up Pete. I got an email from Fish and it had a link, I clicked on the link and it opened a page all about drugs. If it had a virus my virus scan caught it. I just deleted it. They emailed me again and stated they had nothing to do with the email about drugs,so like Brother Pete said watch out. Sister Pat:eek:oooh:

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx for the heads up Pete. Could it be that the BOC is under attack?
    smokey

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Another bud of mine got his e mail hacked, the hacker sent mail to some of his friends telling em he was in England, and got ripped off. They wanted the readers to wire money to him.

FYI, when money is wired the recipient only needs the control number, they can collect anywhere in the world, and don't have to show proof of identity and address etc.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete one of my preacher buddies called me and told me about the e-mail and told me it had sent a e-mail to everyone in our address book. He thought it was kinda funny but he knew it wasn't from me or Maw cause it had to do with drugs for men if you get my drift.

We changed all our passwords and so far everything is OK. We send all our E-mails BCC now, that way no one can see who others got the same e-mail. It was embarrassing but we would never have known it if our friend hadn't called us.

You are right, Bert is a great guy and I am sure he doesn't know it happened.

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Pete thank's for the warning

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Yes Gang"..."My PC Was Hacked" ! :crazy:
    There are naughty programs out there
    that enter your email program and copy
    the email addresses you have,
    and then use that info to send out
    all kinds of $#!^.
    :angry:
    Sorry for all of the mix-up fellows.

:embarassed:

16. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thanks for explaining that. That exact thing has happened to me recently and I was wondering how that worked.