WARNING for Dillon 146 Ramp

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Oct 1, 2009.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    My buddy told me yesterday about an incident that happened to a guy he works with.
    He was fishing at Dillon last week, put in at 8am fished for a mess of crappies and came back to the ramp by 10am. When he got to his truck the window was smashed and everything that could be carried off had been.
    This was in broad daylight, and the guy was only gone for 2 hours.
    He called the park rangers and when they came to make the report they told the guy that this was the 14th time that parking lot has been hit recently with a break in.

Just a heads up for those of you that use that ramp. Somebody has made it their personal shopping center. So report anything unusual if you see something. And keep an eye on your vehicles.

2. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    That many times, I hope they are doing something about it. They should put cameras up like they have at the spillway.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Seems like they should have either really stepped up enforcement or put in some cameras about 12 times ago.

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Man that SUCK'S big time , thanks for posting this info:wink:

5. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    thanks for the heads up on this

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    sounds like a good place to set up a few hundred yards off shore and watch yer car with a nice scoped popper of some kind, like a .17 pop a few of his windows out if they come visiting lol and get lp numbers as they take off, we had a car stolen at work last friday nite, we had bought it from an individual about a year ago, and sat morning it was gone, got a call from sherrifs dept, guy tried to sell it to a junkyard and didnt have a title so they ran the vin and called us, was the same guy that we bought the car from, he had an extra set of keys and thought he could make a quick $500.00:confused2: i dunno about people anymore

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The Ranger told the guy that the week before they had set a "bait truck" in the lot, and watched from the woods but nobody showed. Hope they haven't given up.

8. hankgava

hankgava New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Man that is a shame, I use the ramp on 146 all the time. Thanks for the post!!!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Skip. Thats all the world needs, thieves targeting fishermen's vehicles now. Most probably only have a few stink bait containers. Empty hotdog packs, and the occasional empty beer can laying around! Why in the hell are they messing with us?????:smile2::roll_eyes::wink: Seriously, thats news to me. Thanks for the heads up! rollo

10. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Empty hotdog packs? Empty beer cans? Guess that means Gary and Skip are particularly at risk!:wink:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If the thief was after baby-wipes Garrett would be in trouble lol.

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the heads-up! I stop in there occasionally to eat my baloney-samich lunch, but haven't noticed anyone lurking about. Do see people sitting in their cars, but figger they're probably doing the same as me - haven't noticed anyone out and about...

If anyone sees the white van with the flag on the hood, stop by and say howdy!

13. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Ain't THAT the truth!:roll_eyes:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

They have crackheads in Ohio? I thought they only lived in big cities!:smile2::wink: