Warning Benelli Nova/Kent Fasteel Users!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by weekendredneck69, Mar 14, 2007.

1. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had bought a BRAND NEW BENELLI NOVA 12 GA...Things were going good for a while...When out on a snow goose hunting trip, me and a buddy were out getting some geese to come in...They got close enough i pulled up to shoot fired, Click, went to eject the shell ( 3 1/2" Kent Fasteel BBB ) was about 2" out of the chamber, some how the firing pin struck again and it went off right beside my face!!!! After looking at the shell i could see the firing pin had hit the primer twice!!!! The side of my gun was on fire ( because of the plastic shell ) and a piece of the high brass hit my buddy in the arm. Cutting his arm open. I now suffer from some hearing loss in my right ear... Faulty gun/shell idk... i say both. What is yall's opinions... Tried to call an attorney but basically because no blood was drawn i didnt have a case.

Hope you can give me some opinions..

Bazil

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My husband is very famaliar with guns,and he suggests consulting more than one attorney and also consulting Benelli manufacturer.Sounds like perhaps a malfunction in the gun and maybe they would exchange or fix it for you. The last thing they want is bad publisity! Just a humble suggestion!:big_smile:

3. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Well i was going to do that but they said it would be a good year before i would get any gun back so i just went to cabelas where i bought the gun and switched it over for a way different gun...I like this one better.... But i am an avid hunter and i couldnt go the rest of the year not hunting..

Thx for your post!!!!

Bazil

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mathew, You said you went back to Cabelas and switched it for a different gun. I hope you mean that you returned the defective gun making Cabelas aware of the problem, not just traded it in on a different gun. I would hate to think that someone could go to Cabelas and buy your used gun and possibly get hurt or worse. I'm not even going to mention the liability should such a thing happen and they could prove neglagence on your part. Please dont take this wrong, I'm not being critical, and I'm sure you done the right thing. I just dont want to see something happen that could have been avoided. In todays world of "sue now, ask questions later", its better to be safe than sorry. Take care brother.

5. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    O No No No.... When I took it back I told them what had happened, showed them the shell and when it blew up it cracked the forend of my gun!!! right when they got the box they put WARNING DEFECTIVE GUN straight on the box.. I did my part in telling them what had happened w the gun.

Bazil

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to hear that Mat. I had faith that you are a responsible sportsman, but ya know some people just aint right in the head. I know of a few who would have just traded it in as a good gun if they thought they would come out short on it. Good luck with your new gun. Oh by the way, you didnt tell us what you ended up getting.:cool2:

7. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    O. I ended up getting a Max 4 Stoeger M2000 ( Semi - Auto ) w/ a 28 " Barrel.... Has worked out for me just fine!!! No problems jamming wise.!

Ty

Bazil

8. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Hearing protection and firearms go together like... hearing protection and firearms. Don't leave home without at least a set of simple earplugs.

Congrats on the new gun though. I'm sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience.

9. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    I always use ear protection when out doing my shooting sports or just practicing.... I usually dont when im out hunting cause i cant hear the birds when i have them in...So thats the reason i didnt have any in because we were out hunting...Thx for the congrats though!

Bazil

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia