Warning about the Paystations @ Bartlet

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Aug 10, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Alot of folks including myself will pay with a credit/debit card for a parking pass at the Bartlett paystation.

I received my bank statment the other day to find that I had been charged numerious times for the same trip.. One trip to the lake, they charged me 4 times.... $30 bucks too much..

* I will only pay cash for now on out..

2. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hey Andy, thanks for the heads-up about the paystations. I sometime wounder about those things. I guess I will make sure I always have cash when I go.
    Thanks Billy Jo

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Andy,

I am glad that you posted this because I had the same thing happen to me at Roosevelt last year. I only pay with cash because I didn't want it to happen again.

Luckily I had the receipt still and called and had them fix the charges.

Thanks for the post!!!

Ryan

4. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    hell, bartlett has taken my cash 2 out of 10 times as well, very hit and miss

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The bills need to be flat and fresh...
    ~ Kind of a pain...

Does anybody know if Bartlet offers Season passes?

6. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Bartlett and Rosey have both double dipped me, I thought I was the only one and at first I didn't know if it was my bank or the machine at the paystation. I check for the double dipping now every time, but what a hassle to have to recover it. Many times it wont take the cash. It's bad enough they increased the price to 10 dollars a pop each time you launch. It becomes hard to afford after the gas and gear escpecailly if you go 3 or 4 time a month. I don't mind contributing to the fishery with the fee but it gets expensive. It would be nice if we could pay 100 bucks or whatever for a yearly pass.

7. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I totally hear ya bro!!!
    Earlier on this year I paid for two days, because I usually fish the first night, stay out on the water that day, and then fish hard the second night. I put in my $20 and went to launch the boat and my motor kicked the bucket...I wasted $20 on nothing.

Lake Powell has an annual pass...I wish that other areas in the state would do the same.

8. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'm pretty sure you can purchase a yearly pass for tonto parks

9. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    I checked at the ranger station a few week's back and if I remember correct it's $95 for a year. You make that back pretty quick as much as some of you go. The station is open during the week and I think on saturday at least part of the day.The year was from the time you by the permit not the Jan/Dec. fiscal year.

10. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Andy,
    I went to the national forest service web site and went to the pass,s & permit's link under tonto and they do list the annual :Golden Eagle Pass with upgrade is $95. Good for Bartlett Butttt... I would double check about using it for the boat launches! If you go to the site read all the " commenly asked questions" and, the last one was on the definition of the boat ramp's. This is what I'm not sure about.I did not buy one at the time so I can't say for sure, but, a phone call are stop at that ranger station would solve that question. Hope this help's

11. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    They sell a pass for the Tonto Nat. it is a green sticker that you place on the lower driverside of your windsheild and you have to also buy the Golden Eagle pass and hang it from your rearview mirror, total cost is $95.00 and is valid from the month that you buy it until the last day of that month of the following year. I bought mine last Sept. 9/1/05 and it will expire 9/30/06. This will get you in all of the Tonto Nat. pay stations and Lakes such as Sag., Canyon, Apache, Rosy., Bartlett, and Horseshoe. This covers launching of the boat and parking of your truck. I have been buying the pass for the past five years, just go to any Tonto Nat. Forest office to buy. The Golden Eagle pass will also allow you to go to any of the national parks in the USA.

12. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Great info, Thanks Ike and Husker.
    * I have put well over $250.00 into those paystations since the begining of the year.
    This is nice to hear. Props to you guys!
    ** I will buy the pass on my next visit out.
    THANKS!
    :smile2: