Warmth=Bowfin

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by C_wernett, Feb 10, 2008.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, we've had a few days well over sixty degrees and it shows. The bowfin in the creeks are finally coming to life again. The same hole I've fished from three weeks I had multiple hook-ups with yesterday, and caught three today from 2-4lbs, all on cut bluegill. I hung one real nice one yesterday, but the style of "j" hook I was using has not been condutive to me catching bowfin in the past, so today I swithed to a standard eagleclaw size 4 baitholder and had much better results.

Only drawback: The giant bullheads I've been having luck with have been silenced, with only one caught in two days, and it would have been close, but not over 2lbs.

2. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hopefully these are pretty good, my daughter took these for me. She's turning 7 this year, so she is taking on "fulltime" fishin' buddy duties, like baiting her own hook, netting fish, and snapping photos! I know I'll have plenty of here soon once the fish move into HER spot. lol

Attached Files:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Those things are MEAN!

Thanks for sharing!

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    you arent kidding blacky. i have lost 3-4 buzz baits over the years to them. they just crush the blade!