Warm Water Discharge

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Boondock, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    Anyone know where I can find a warm water discharge, also would it be fishable from the bank?

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    call me crazy but I have never had much luck next to a warm water discharge, maybe I am fishing the wrong part? How are they supposed to be fished?

4. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    I'm from the Louisville area, but if there is amazing warm water hole I would be willing to drive.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ross Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I'm not from your area and can't give you any help on your question.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. cyncitycat

cyncitycat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im not familiar with louisville area but, i do fish in maysville hot water discharge only catch stripers and a few channell's but there is plenty of bait. The only problem with this discharge is it is shallow around it not enough deep water mostly shallow flats therefore it doesnt hold a lot of big blues sorry i couldn't help anymore

7. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    If you're willing to travel, lots of people fish Cumberland City,Tn.

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    hey cyncity,

I have a warm water discharge right near me, how do you go about fishing for striper in this type of situation? There is always bait right near the discharge in the shallows (~2ft deep) but as the water flows out and away it gets deeper and I never mark any fish in the deeper water...:cool2:

any help is appreciated!

Bill

9. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Most strippers are caught at the dams in my area.Newburgh,Cannelton,Spotsville,Calhoun,in early spring.Hope this helps Aaron

10. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY

I thought "strippers" were caught with one dollar bills??!:smile2: Sorry man just had to!

11. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    My bad that stripers but strippers have thier own warm water discharge.:smile2:

12. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    :crazy::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Only if you go krogering!:smile2:

14. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    :smile2: haha...I think that's the most digusting thing I have ever heard on the BOC!

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Alright my friend, this is how we fish for the hybrids and stripers in our warm discharge. A lot of folks that striper fish turn there noses up at me for fishing this way but I catch more fish than them every time out as long as the shad are there. Most folks that target the stripers are using spooks, and jigs, etc. There is nothing that is better than the way I fish for them in my opinion. I normally take my throw net and throw net some medium size shad. Float the shad about a foot deep. The stripers are always lookin for shad on top. Let your float rig drift around and if they are there thick, you wont be able to keep up. I myself think it is funner to fish that way anyway. Nothing like seein that float rocket under!!! You don't even have to use a sinker. The float just kinda gives you an idea where you bait is. Lots of times the shad will be swimmin right on top and kappeewweee!!! fish on. They will normally not hit a dead shad. The more lively the better. Hope this helps

16. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!:smile2: