war eagle boats

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jan 30, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Does anyone have a war eagle boat and do they like it??? I am looking at purchasing one this year but would like more input. Also, what about Honda outboards?? I know Honda really makes good products on everything else they make but I have never heard any comments on their outboard motors. Your input would be greatly appreciated.:big_smile:

2. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I have one by default. my son wanted one for duck huntin i co signed
    for him . I have took it over . good boat for duck hunting.
    If your looking for a catfish rig . try f &f boats in monticello.
    they will build what you want . Im going to let them build me
    one. Just my thoughts.

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    they are ok but i prefer sea-ark and suziki just my opinon LOL :roll_eyes:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ask 777 (Johnny) or Big Sam (Sam) :big_smile:about War Eagle. I know they have fished out of a dandy one a time or two.

SeaArk is good too. Lots of good ones out there. I like SeaArk but I'm partial and my opinion is not to be trusted.:smile2: Yamaha for the motor. I am only speaking from experience of what I have. Don't know Jack about the other brands, thats why I am only vouching for SeaArk and Yamaha!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I agree with Pete, my cousin has a 20 ft. wareagle that we tournament fish in. It really handles the rough water well. They are a well built boat and make a great catfishing rig.

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I appreciate everyones input. I'm not looking for anything big in the motor dept. Thinking of going with a Honda 4 stroke. War Eagle is the only boat manufacturer that I have found that still builds a 17+' boat with stick steering. I need the stick steering cause my legs are unstable. I have really bad knees and hips. I can operate a boat with stick steering, fish, run trotlines, work yo yo's and never get out of the front seat. I've been looking at the sea ark also but their biggest boat with stick steering is a 16'.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That boat also has the 12 degree hull. Ride will be better then all the rest. I sold the same hull boat In Dec. And it was a nice boat. I even looked at the one your talking about on line. And like the layout of the stick steer model.
    Pete

9. Punkinsdad

Punkinsdad New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had one with a Jet Drive 225hp and it would suck up the river sand and stop it up. The boat was a good one though.:angry:

10. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I also have a 2072 I truthfuly can't say nothing bad about the boat, If I had to do all over again, I would still buy the wareagle , I think I'll get many of years service outta it...Thanks Pete,...Tom