war eagle boats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by p_strouth, Dec 19, 2005.

1. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these boats ??I'm thinking about buying a 2372ldsv (23' center console) so any info good or bad will b app. :confused:

by the way if I do buy ,I will have A 19' polar craft with a 90 hp nissan 4 sale. :cool: pm 4 info should have pics. tom.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    What year is this war eagle, if it is 2005 and earlier there was a lot of problems with rivets falling out. My friend has a 2004 860 center console and he had to send it back to the factory. It turns out that they misaligned all the rivets in the deck. The boat came back in worse shape than when it went to the factory. There were burn marks in the paint in the bottom of the boat, and rivets were already falling out again by the time they trailered it back to N.C. They took his battery out and didnt put it back in, and the paint job that they did on the boat was like one coat or something because after about 2 weeks of running the paint was chipping off of the boat. There are cracks in about 10 welds also. IMHO stay away from war eagle because their customer service is terrible.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres something wrong with this picture. As War-Eagle does not use Rivets in there big boat's There allwelds only..
    ARe you sure its a War-eagle?
    PEte

4. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    sorry its a 2006 and i think it's all welded ' I think ???????? :confused:

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ive looked at them but have no experience with thier durability and how well they plane etc. seem like a decent boat wife said no you dont need one of them lol she likes the bass boat lol

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have 2 War-Eagles..
    Boat number one is a 2003 2072 LDSV side console. Full flooring and walls. Also factory floor covering. I think its a great boat. Stable and runs good. I have a 2005 Suzuki 140 4-stroke on it. Runs around 48 MPh with it. Ran a 85 johnson on it for 2 years and it did a good job. Handles good. Rides good. Will take waves untill they get around 2+ ft then you can tell there there.
    Would I buy that boat again? I think i would . but then again I hope i never have to buy a new boat.

The other boat is a 17ft ith pods and a tiller handle motor.I like it also Run it in the boils at the dam. And back waters it also rides good. Theres a few on here that has been in the 20 ft boat. And they can tell you about it.
    Jerry Trew. Bryan, Badkarma, Bam.. Hoot.
    It is a good boat and I will not sit there and tell you it's the best for you. but it was for us.

Good luck with what ever boat you deside on. And I hope you get to look at a 20ft and the 23. And the 23 is a BIG boat.. Also Tom also has one of the 20ft war-eagles. His is a big blue boat.. Also War-eagle will build it the way you ask for it to be built..
    Also had 6 seat bases added to mine. Three front and three in the back.
    Any questions you care to ask just Pm me .

Pete

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I have seen pete's boat and it looks very well built, and have never heard a word about anything negative. I have never had the opportunity to ride in the boat so I will take his word for the handling, and as pete uses the crap out of the boat if he says it is a well built and solid boat then my money says it is just that. I looked the boat over a couple of times and it still looks like a hoss and a half. Heck I've even been thinking of one myself, but I think a pontoon is more suited to my needs more than the eagle, but it would be my first choice in it's class.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Scootman we may have to change that next time we get around the same water..
    Also forgot it planes good. With the 140 it will jump up running 3000 RPM's.
    Also top speed is with the motor turning 1200 to 1400 RPMS under the 6200 the motor will turn..
    And If you have a dealer that sells Sea-Ark I would look at them also. If they would have had the 15 degree hull I would have looked hard at them. They use 125 gauge where war-eagle is only 100 gauge..
    Bigriver has one of these...

PEte

9. channelcat

channelcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    SeaArk does have the 15 degree hull available now. The 2072VPLD is rated for 150hp, and the 2472VPLD is rated for 225hp. I don't see the 2472VPLD on the website, but the dealer here in central Missouri has already sold one. And he has some incredible prices.

10. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I have never ridden in one, or owned one. Our last tournament in September was at Texhoma, in Oklahoma. One of the teams has a War Eagle, all welded. The transom cracked in three places going over a wake from a "barge". He never hit anything solid, 30 feet of water. It just crack right along the welds. I looked in there and noticed the War Eagle seems to have a lack of support from transom forward to the hull or bulkhead. That's just what I have seen. I have heard from other people, that they would not take anything for the one that they have.

11. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have a 16 foot wareagle and have had no problems.

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I have a 2072 WarEagle and havn't had a bit of trouble out of it, and if I had to buy another boat I wouldn't think twice about buying another W.E

13. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    thanks 4 all the info. 1 more ? what are the adv.or disadv of ctr.console over side console????
    thanks again
    Paul

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    center console is great if your by yourself the boat wont lean to the side
    the side console is great if you always have another person with you that way you can sit side by side and not yell to each other to talk lol

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If your running trout lines or jugs I think the side console is easier because you can drive up and just lean over to check and re-bait them.

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    It depends on the way you fish. Also a boat this size does not lean with me when I;m the only one in it. But then agian I only weight 230.
    Pete

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    For fishing I prefer the center console. I like to be able to fish around a boat instead of through it. My style of fishing, a side console would be in the way.
    Plus, i'm 6 feet+ tall, I like to stand to drive. Standing , your ankles and knees absorb the brunt of the beating or pounding instead of your lower back.
    That T-top over the center console? It's like a Christmas tree. It serves a great purpose as a place to mount electronics, antennae, vhf, lights, and rocket launchers. I like my gizmos , gadgets, and rods up and out of the way but within arms reach. Keeps things from getting broken from people tripping, or leaning on something.
    The center console is also going to add storage space for a fuel tank or batteries or both. Good for getting things out of the floor and under wraps.
    You'll need somewhere to put a fuel tank the size you'll need for those big motors you are talking about. and most likely, that boat wont be trim with all that fuel in the back of the boat.

The disadvantage to a center console is that you lose floor space, but if you are buying a 23 foot boat who cares ? You can still pitch a tent in front of the console.

18. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Just thought I would let you know, You can have the war eagle custom built the way you want it, I had mine custom built and I didn't want the camo paint or OD Green so I had them paint it blue,

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Mine has a builtin 18 gallon fuel tank. and with it and three group 29 batterys and stuff in the back. And the 6ft bench seat. I have no probelm withe the boat getting out of the water. And that was with the 85 johnson or the 140 suzki.
    AS for the transom. Cracking I have seen about every make also crack. And most of them were from abuse not normal use.

PEte

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've seen aluminum crack in the floor from outboard stress well away from the transom. Outboards exert alot of of different forces on a boat hull in normal use. It doesnt take a 150 hp motor to do it either.

The only thing keeping them from twisting into a pretzel is whatever the manufacturer deems necessary structurally to keep them from doing so.
    Sometimes they get it right. Other times they miss by either trying to save hull weight, cheat supports to make an interior layout work, or just plain skimp on material.
    You'll see most of these problems in the barge type boats like the aluminum jon boats in all sizes and boats like the Carolina Skiff with their hull sides flexing . Eventually the flex in those materials will cause cracks, weakness, or breakage.

You can look at many transoms even on glass boats real careful and see spider webbing in the gel coat from those same outboard stresses associated with normal use. At one time a major bass boat maker had the same problems not on the transom but the bottom of the hull for much its length.

Boat manufactuers use all kinds of fancy marketing words and phrases to make consumers feel good about their purchases.
    One of my favorites is for fiberglass hulls.
    "Our hulls are made from 4 layers of handlaid glass"

If they dont lay it by hand, who, what or how does it get laid? Never seen glass put itself in a mold much less work the excess resin out of it and push the air bubbles out.
    And you dont mention the crappy chopper glass job you put on your handlaid glass? Why not?

Another favorite. "there is no wood in our hulls". Well if you were willing to install wood properly in your hulls it would outlast the glass you build them with. Wood is stronger then glass in compression and shear strength, lighter, and naturally floats! And they want to take it out of their boats????
    This is probally the biggest trickery being played out on the unknowing consumer currently. I'll tell ya, wood may rot if not installed properly, but glass and aluminum aint all that either. Each has it's own set of problems and it's own costs for repair.

Or, they create new names and change the looks of a stepped chine and tout it as a major breakthrough in boat performance and only they have it.
    The stepped chine has been around as long as planing hulls have even though they may have rounded a corner here or straightened an edge there and renamed it.

Best thing to do when boat shopping is cut through the marketing and go for the meat and taters. How well is it built, How is it built , how long has the company been in business, how is their support, and is the company fanancially stable enough to still be there when you need them 5 years down the road.
    Then find people that own them that use them as often as you would.
    Then you have a motor and a trailer to think about. There are some crappy trailers out there too. I had one fresh from the factory that wouldnt track straight and incomplete welds. I called it the payday trailer. Built on Friday after lunch by the receptionist cause the welder took off early.